Started by LumRanmaYasha, August 12, 2017, 06:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer2

I'm gonna throw my vote in real quick.

Game Over for Owlman
Fate of Equinox
Tearjerker
Fish Out of Water

I never got around to watching the Bojack one. Oh well.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

"Fish Out of Water" (Bojack Horseman) - 11
"Game Over for Owlman!" (Batman The Brave & The Bold) - 15
"Tearjerker" (American Dad!) - 10
"The Fate of Equinox!" (Batman: The Brave & The Bold) - 14

"Game Over for Owlman" and "The Fate of Equinox" move on to round 2! The next match will be up shortly.

LumRanmaYasha

Round 1: Match 10

"The Sweaters" (The Amazing World of Gumball)

VS.

"Two Face (Part 1)" (Batman The Animated Series)

VS.

"Intervention" (The Spectacular Spider-Man)

VS.

"Band Geeks" (Spongebob Squarepants)

Dreamer2

Two-Face (Part 1)
Band Geeks
Intervention
The Sweaters

I almost put Band Geeks at the top, but I'll give the edge to Two-Face. I actually prefer all three of the other series to SpongeBob by a large amount, but man do I love that episode. This one and the first Christmas episode are probably the only two episodes of SpongeBob I'd say I love. Too bad Spider-Man ends up third here, but I just prefer the other two.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

The Sweaters
Two-Face
Band Geeks
Intervention

Spoiler

"The Sweaters" - My favorite Gumball episode and one that always makes me laugh at every joke. I love the satire of edgy 90's kids sports movies and the visual gags like the ending where the blonde guy is taking off all his sweaters, and the dialogue is really sharp and witty. Gumball and Darwin make some scathing jabs throughout the episode and their self-awareness of the situation they're in and attempts to not get involved any further is really refreshing.

"Two-Face" - A great origin for Two-Face and I absolutely love how menacing they make his Big Bad Harv persona and contrast it with regular Harvey. They really sell his split-personality disorder, and a lot of it comes down to how they animate him. There's a level of detail in his character acting in this episode that is rare even by the show's regular standards, and there are just so many great moments of expressive animation.

"Band Geeks" - Another really funny episode chock full of great visual gags and the most cathartic ending of any Spongebob episode ever.

"Intervention" - This is a really good character study of Peter's guilt and him realizing he's been a jerk and shouldn't push people away, but having not seen the show in a while, I'm struck by how fast this episode moved. It felt like nothing had any breathing room and we just went from one scene to the next, leaving little time to dwell on the emotional moments. That, and this was not the best animated episode and I could really tell how much they cut corners with it. It's a shame, because the narrative foundation is really strong, but the execution really needed more time for the emotional arcs to sink in and let us dwell on Peter's decisions and feelings.
[close]

VLordGTZ

LumRanmaYasha

I'll wrap this match up now. There was a tie between "The Sweaters" and "Band Geeks," but I took the liberty of breaking it myself because I didn't want to wait for more votes.

Results:

"The Sweaters" (The Amazing World of Gumball) - 12
"Two Face (Part 1)" (Batman The Animated Series) - 17
"Intervention" (The Spectacular Spider-Man) - 10
"Band Geeks" (Spongebob Squarepants) - 11

"Two Face" and "The Sweaters" move on to round 2! The next match will be up shortly.

LumRanmaYasha

Round 1: Match 11

"Good Times with Weapons" (South Park)

VS.

"Back to the Klondike" (DuckTales)

VS.

"Last Exit to Springfield" (The Simpsons)

VS.

"Jurassic Bark" (Futurama)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on December 21, 2017, 11:21:52 PM

"Two-Face" - A great origin for Two-Face and I absolutely love how menacing they make his Big Bad Harv persona and contrast it with regular Harvey. They really sell his split-personality disorder, and a lot of it comes down to how they animate him. There's a level of detail in his character acting in this episode that is rare even by the show's regular standards, and there are just so many great moments of expressive animation.

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

"Last Exit to Springfield"
"Jurassic Bark"
"Back to the Klondike"
"Good Times with Weapons"

As much as I like that DuckTales episode, there's no contest over the first two.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton