Author Topic: The Greatest Western Animation Episode Ever  (Read 1164 times)

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
Re: The Greatest Western Animation Episode Ever
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2018, 12:22:05 AM »
Well Goddammit.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dreamer2

• Magic School Bus
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2018, 04:21:05 PM »
Well, isn't this a tough one. A bunch of great stuff here.

Riley Wuz Here
King Ramses's Curse
Two Face (Part 2)
Thanksgiving Special

These are all really good and I almost put Batman at the 2, but I love that Courage episode, so I'm gonna put it there.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »
King Ramses Curse
Two-Face
Riley Wuz Here
Thanksgiving Special

These are all good episodes. I feel like The Boondocks episode could rate higher if I had watched it more recently, but I haven't really touched it since it ended.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2018, 12:25:37 AM »
"Two Face (Part 2)"
"Riley Wuz Here"
"Thanksgiving Special"
"King Ramses's Curse"

Spoiler
"Two Face (Part 2)" - Fascinating exploration of Harvey's and Bruce's psyches, particularly Harvey's obsession with order and certainty born out of losing control over his life and Bruce's guilt over not being able to help his friend just like his inability to save his parents. Harvey's mental illness is really disturbing in how believable it is, and it's heartbreaking to see how far he's fallen, though the episode shows he still has a little bit of humanity left in him.

"Riley Wux Here" - A really sweet episode with a hilarious parody of Bob Ross helping Riley become a more constructive artist, leading to an emotional ending where he proves to Grandad he was the graffiti artist by painting a mural of his parents on their house. Huey's BET binge to see if black television can wreck you is hilarious too, though the ending of that subplot could've been funnier.

"The Thanksgiving Special" - Hilarious parody of Trump and a bunch of pop stars and overall a lot of fun shenanigans with a heartfelt message about family and togetherness being the most important thing about Thanksgiving. Also, spoonboning always makes me laugh. That became a meme between me and VLord after the first time we watched this episode.

"King Ramses Curse" - This was one of my favorite Courage episodes as a kid because Ramses was so creepy and that song he tries to torture them with is kinda catchy. Rewatching it now, though, it's not that funny and its certainly not as content-filled as the other episodes in this round. Though Eustace's "what's yer offer" remark is a great recurring gag that should definitely be a meme.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:30:01 AM by LumRanmaYasha »

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2018, 10:31:25 AM »
Same as Avaitor.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »
Results:

"Riley Wuz Here” (The Boondocks) - 11
“King Ramses’s Curse” (Courage the Cowardly Dog) - 12
"Two Face Part 2" (Batman The Animated Series) - 12
"The Thanksgiving Special” (Regular Show) - 5

"King Ramses's Curse" and "Two Face Part 2" move on to round 2! The next match will be up shortly.