The Hub

Started by FoxKidsLover16, August 14, 2017, 03:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxKidsLover16

What were your thoughts on this channel?

I loved it when it was on from 2010-2014. There were a lot of programs I enjoyed on the lineup. I enjoyed shows like the original programming like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Pound Puppies, Pictureka!, Family Game Night, R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour, Scrabble Showdown, Game of Life, and my favorite, Dan Vs. There were also some acquired programming Twisted Whiskers, Dennis and Gnasher, Atomic Betty, and Cosmic Quantum Ray that weren't really that good, but I enjoyed them. The Super Hero Squad Show was pretty enjoyable also and Fraggle Rock was very good. I also really enjoyed the late night programs like Happy Days and the cheesy Adam West Batman Show. And then there were the Fox Kids and Kids WB acquired shows. Carmen Sandiego, Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and Men in Black were all great additions to The Hub and are great shows in general, especially Batman: The Animated Series and Animaniacs. It even had some old Discovery Kids shows like Endurance, Tutenstein, and Kenny the Shark at the beginning. Sadly, The Hub got replaced by Discovery Family in 2014. Well, at least I have my Batman and Animaniacs complete series sets.

gunswordfist

Definitely Dan Vs. My baby bro and I loved that series to pieces. It was like a special event for us.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

FoxKidsLover16

Agreed. I especially loved the episodes about the imposter and Canada.

Unpopular Opinion: I liked it more than My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Peanutbutter

It's a shame the execs at the head didn't know how to keep it afloat. Channel actually had some good potential, they had frickin' MLP: Friendship is Magic which could have been used to prop themselves up but they didn't know how to handle its success. Now it's one of the only traces of The Hub, next to Transformers: Rescue Bots and Littlest Pet Shop.

Daikun

The Hub was a great channel. It's a shame it didn't last long.

My favorite original shows were Dan vs. and The Aquabats! Super Show! It also had a great variety of old and new content. They really could have been a real contender with the likes of Nick, Disney XD, and CN...and now it's DiscFam. :imnothappy:

The network died three years ago and I still kinda miss it.

LumRanmaYasha

The Hub was great. I really enjoyed their lineup - most of their original shows like MLPFIM, Dan VS., and Aquabats were excellent and it was great to catch frequent reruns of Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and DCAU shows since I never had seen many of them in their entirety beforehand. I also just really liked their brand identity and bumpers. Discovery Family is just not nearly as appealing, and definitely skews a lot more to kids than The Hub did, which really did feel like it had an all-ages appeal just like classic CN or Nick.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

They were doomed no matter what once MLP started it's final season.

Daikun

Daikun

Baby Looney Tunes and The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries are joining DiscFam in May.

I wonder if the higher-ups are trying to breathe new life into the channel since they now own the WB library.

Dr. Insomniac

Why not just rerun Loonatics?  :>

Daikun

The Smurfs joins DiscFam in August.

...are they trying to slowly transition DF into Boomerang? :o

Daikun