The Magic School Bus

Started by FoxKidsLover16, August 15, 2017, 06:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxKidsLover16

Thoughts on this show?

While I can definitely understand how some people think that the show hasn't aged well, I've always enjoyed this show. Not particularly for the characters, but for the science content, the theme song, and the locations. I will admit though that while I wasn't too big on the characters, I enjoyed the strangness of Ms Frizzle and the epically corny puns of "CARLOS!" Overall, I think that while it hasn't aged as well as Arthur, it's an enjoyable show, especially if you love science like I do.

Daikun

Avaitor

This was one of those shows that I definitely remember being a thing, but I honestly couldn't tell you if I watched it on my own or not. I only really have vague memories of watching some episodes in class.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I remember enjoying the series as a kid. Sure some science facts don't hold up all that well considering how science is always evolving and also taking artistic liberties (Like the space travels, going very near to magma, that episode where they went through Arnold's body), it was a good jumping point to get interested in the idea of science.

As for the new series, I'm not a big fan of the art style. Everything just looks so lifeless and sterile. I'm sure the content will be nice, I do like the updated theme song, but can't really get past the art style.

Dr. Insomniac

I can't help but feel a little bitter that the Jaden Smith vanity project looks better animated than the new Magic School Bus. What excuse was there? You can't tell me they didn't have the budget, because then they wouldn't have been able to hire the Hamilton guy to do songs.

LumRanmaYasha

I guess they decided that "eh, it's for little kids" and hence put less effort into making it look visually appealing. Which is the opposite of what they should've done because kids gravitate towards more visually interesting/active shows, but whatever.