Jaden Smith Fall Project.

Started by Lord Dalek, September 23, 2017, 07:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

Daikun

https://twitter.com/FizzySodaWave/status/911608080223305730/video/1

Also...

QuoteAt first, it seems like Koenig is out to satirize high society, and shows like Skins or Gossip Girl. After all, its characters are like caricatures of Donald Trump and his circle of status-obsessed businessmen. When I asked a Netflix representative whether the show is meant as a parody, he directed me to Neo Yokio's production notes, which suggest Koenig is completely serious and heartfelt about his subject matter: "When I think about when I really would've liked this show, it's all different eras of my life — my tween years, my quarter-life crisis years..." Koenig says. "I think there are a lot of layers to what's happening, so [viewers] can appreciate it in different ways."

He also compares Kaz Kaan to Batman's secret identity, Bruce Wayne. "Deep down, the part I really love is that he's a guy who wants to hang out at the café with his friends. He wants to go shopping. He's heartbroken and dealing with his inner world," says Koenig.

Dr. Insomniac

I don't get this show. It says that wealth and capitalism are bad, yet it unironically champions all the worst elements of those two. It's like if Kanye West attempted to spread messages of humility. But even worse, since Kanye's talented and at least knows how to write songs. Whereas Jaden Smith is a delusional hipster who acts like that kid who smoked oregano and thought it was pot.

Daxdiv

That even weirder when you realize that Jaden Smith is basically acting royalty due to being Will Smith's son. Coming from the man that probably sees more money in a single day than I will probably ever make in my entire life. Man, people really aren't kidding when they say Hollywood actors can't relate to the modern man.

Also, I wonder how much the Toblerone people paid to get their product into thing and if they regret doing so.

Peanutbutter

If this was an intentional Gag Dub like Ghost Stories, then it'd be understandable.

But it's not, people working on this show especially Jaden Smith legitimately think they made the next Spirited Away. Twitter clip did make me laugh, so at least it seems so bad that it's good. I might watch some of it tomorrow.

Daikun

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Haven't gotten around to it because of events at home, but I intend to watch this soon. Might give an episode by episode review, we'll see.

Peanutbutter

Lord Dalek

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

The guy directing this is directing the new Dororo. Was not expecting that.