Paywallcalypse Now (EDIT 10/18/2018: Sony kills Funi deal with Crunchy and VRV)

Started by Lord Dalek, September 27, 2017, 03:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

HEY GUYS! ANIME'S DEAD AGAIN! THANKS AMAZON AND NETFLIX!!!!  :anger:

Lord Dalek

VLordGTZ

Glad to see that Strike is finally dead!  I don't think Amazon will be leaving simulcasting as long as their Noitamina and Animeism deals are still in place, but this will at least make their content accessible to a wider range of people. 

Painted Outlaw

"We've just launched a strong fall season -- with the likes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, and Sword Art Online Alicization".
Ok, that was pretty funny.

That does sound like a bummer though. Hopefully, something gets straightened out soon.

Daikun

Avaitor

I don't think that's going to happen, at least not for that price tag.

But wow, AT&T is in a lot of debt- $150 billion. This is why these mega corporate monopolies are such a bad idea.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on August 13, 2020, 02:23:52 PMI don't think that's going to happen, at least not for that price tag.

Sony is worth $215 billion.
That price tag is a piss in the bucket for them.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on August 13, 2020, 02:29:26 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on August 13, 2020, 02:23:52 PMI don't think that's going to happen, at least not for that price tag.

Sony is worth $215 billion.
That price tag is a piss in the bucket for them.
Yeah, but Sony only paid $145 million for Funimation. Crunchy Roll isn't worth ten times that like Warner is asking.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/