Loud House of the Rising Sun

Started by Lord Dalek, October 19, 2017, 07:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Peanutbutter

Ren and Stimpy carried on despite John K.'s firing, and Clarence had two more seasons after the same allegations for Skylar Page came out. Those are but two examples, a lot of shows carry on despite the creator exiting. What this might mean for the show's quality is the real question, but that'll be determined by fans of the show.

Personally, I haven't gotten around to watching the show. I might remedy that soon. At any rate, I'm not sure if the allegations on Savino are true or false. I'm going to wait and see on this one. This is definitely not something that Nick needed though, in light of Dan Schneider allegations bubbling up again.

Daikun

Finally, some retribution for Dexter's Lab. :blush:

Okay, serious time: I watched the premiere week of this show on Nickelodeon and didn't care for it. I created a talkback thread for the show in this forum when it premiered, but I deleted it, partly due to lack of interest (really, NO ONE responded over the week) and also because I just thought the show wasn't that great.

I feel sorry for everyone that Savino had to deal with, and even though I don't care for it, I hope the show can continue to rival SpongeBob on the network. He has infested the schedule for too damn long, and this has been the only serious contender that we've seen in YEARS in terms of success. A little diversity would certainly be nice.

Avaitor

The only thing that has me a little iffy is that Cartoon Brew/Amid Asshole is the one who broke the story. That's not exactly the best source, but it is starting to sound more and more like a reality. If so, I feel remorse for all of his victims.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

One of the victim that came out was someone that worked on Bojack Horseman. Considering how progressive the show is at times, I'm willing to believe this. That and the fact that Savino did create a comic called the Complex Adventures of Eddie Puss, which is about a kid cat that is sexually attracted to his mother. I wish I was making this up.

I will say that I too am not the biggest fan of Cartoon Brew, especially ever since Jerry Beck left the site, even though Amid claimed to be the first to report things like Brenda Chapman being fired from Brave and Skyler Page getting fired from Clarence as well. Speaking of Skyler Page, mofo still has a job in the animation industry last I checked. Titmouse hired him for something. So I do wonder if Savino will recover from this or if he's blacklisted for life.

Peanutbutter

That's weird, last I heard according to the guy Jeff was based on, Skylar Page went completely nuts and was institutionalized.

Daikun

Skyler Page worked on TripTank after being fired from Clarence. That's all we've heard from him since then, though. His website and social media accounts haven't updated in years.

LumRanmaYasha

Loud House is the first really successful cartoon Nick's had in years and apparently rivals Spongebob in ratings and airtime. They aren't getting rid of it over this.

I hope Savino is blacklisted. It's unacceptable his sexual harassment went unpunished for over a decade. I hope the entertainment industry in general starts fighting against  the workplace culture that has allowed this to persist and abolishes practices that perpetuate and protect predatory perverts.

Daikun

Savino's apology

EDIT: It's been deleted.