Dragon Ball FighterZ

Started by Mustang, November 26, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Mustang on December 21, 2017, 03:58:12 AMI don't know if I get the Evil Ryu vibe from Goku Black since the only move in his arsenal that is the same as Goku is the Kamehameha, whereas Evil Ryu has all of Ryu's moves and then some. I get what he is saying and it's no big deal at all, but I don't agree with that comparison, but yes, all that matters is Goku Black is sick.

If anything, SSB Goku probably has more of an Evil Ryu vibe being that he has a very similar move-set to standard Goku but with some alterations that make him play quite differently in various regards.

Mustang

Agreed.

Beerus

Not my kind of character considering he looks like a zoner type, but I'd love to see him in the hands of someone like 310 (strong Venom player in Xrd)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

Still no GT stuff. Not that I'm complaining, just surprised. I thought for sure they'd have something from it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 22, 2017, 07:51:34 PM
Still no GT stuff. Not that I'm complaining, just surprised. I thought for sure they'd have something from it.
I've seen people get mad that characters like Pikkon or Frieza Soldier aren't in the game, and that made me turn off my computer screen and stare off into the window for a minute.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 22, 2017, 08:08:56 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 22, 2017, 07:51:34 PM
I've seen people get mad that characters like Pikkon or Frieza Soldier aren't in the game, and that made me turn off my computer screen and stare off into the window for a minute.
:D :D :D :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

Adult Gohan character breakdown.

I'm a little disappointed in what I'm seeing from him, but he actually looks like the Ken of the bunch. From how Max was describing his potential unleash, he might be the best rush down character in the game.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Daikun

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Ha, apparently the three on my team are going to be the trickiest to use. Trunks is quick but has no strong finishers, Krillin requires mind games and reads with the way his moves work, and Adult Gohan needs meter management and isn't very flashy.

Should be interesting to try and form a strategy around them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

I haven't even begun to think about a strategy. I know I said Adult Gohan, Goku Black and Hit will be my team, but I'm having 2nd thoughts about Gohan. I might use 18 instead.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

16, SS2 Gohan and Trunks. Alternate: Lord Yamcha.

Mustang

I'm definitely out of the loop here. What's with the love fest for Yamcha? I don't ever recall there being this much love for Yamcha back when DBZ was on Toonami when I was 14-17.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's not really a love-fest for Yamucha. He's just the new meme/joke character from Dragon Ball fans. I mean, Mr. Satan was always meant to be the joke character, but with stuff like DBZ Abridged and DB Super, it has just become way more popular among fans and the show itself to beat down on Yamucha. The funny thing is that apparently Yamucha is not only NOT a joke character in DBFZ, but according to Maximillian Dood, is one of the best characters to play as in the game from his hands on time thus far (at least in his opinion).

Mustang

Android 21 finally revealed as a playable character

My initial impression is "ok" (but I've been in a bad mood all day), but I'm for those who've been wanting her playable.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

The base roster is solid. I can't think of any big missing characters. They even included 3 of the best Super characters in the base game.

Android 16
Android 18 (w/ Android 17)
Android 21
Beerus
Captain Ginyu (w/ The Ginyu Force)
Cell
Frieza
Teen Gohan
Adult Gohan
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
Goku Black (w/ Zamasu)
Gotenks
Hit
Krillin
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Nappa (w/ Saibamen)
Piccolo
Tien (w/ Chiaotzu)
Future Trunks
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Vegeta)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue)
Yamcha

24 characters with 8 DLC brings the total to 32.

Among the DLC I'd guess Ultra Instinct Goku and Vegeta, Bardock, and Broly will happen. Other than them, possible Raditz, Zarbon, and Dodoria, I guess. Also Super characters like Jiren could happen. Doesn't look like any GT reps will show up. Also doesn't look like we'll be getting Vegitto or Kid Goku, which were by far my most wanted unconfirmed characters.

Oh well, it's a really well picked roster otherwise.

Looking at footage makes it seem like I'll really click with Adult Gohan. He's got a real Ken and Terry Bogard feel to his moves. I might just end up with him as my main.