Dragon Ball FighterZ

Started by Mustang, November 26, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Mustang on January 17, 2018, 02:32:02 PM
Android 21 finally revealed as a playable character

My initial impression is "ok" (but I've been in a bad mood all day), but I'm for those who've been wanting her playable.
She actually looks really good here! Her dress and glasses look was complete shit.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 17, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
The base roster is solid. I can't think of any big missing characters. They even included 3 of the best Super characters in the base game.

Android 16
Android 18 (w/ Android 17)
Android 21
Beerus
Captain Ginyu (w/ The Ginyu Force)
Cell
Frieza
Teen Gohan
Adult Gohan
Goku (Super Saiyan)
Goku (Super Saiyan Blue)
Goku Black (w/ Zamasu)
Gotenks
Hit
Krillin
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Nappa (w/ Saibamen)
Piccolo
Tien (w/ Chiaotzu)
Future Trunks
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Vegeta)
Vegeta (Super Saiyan Blue)
Yamcha

24 characters with 8 DLC brings the total to 32.

Among the DLC I'd guess Ultra Instinct Goku and Vegeta, Bardock, and Broly will happen. Other than them, possible Raditz, Zarbon, and Dodoria, I guess. Also Super characters like Jiren could happen. Doesn't look like any GT reps will show up. Also doesn't look like we'll be getting Vegitto or Kid Goku, which were by far my most wanted unconfirmed characters.

Oh well, it's a really well picked roster otherwise.

Looking at footage makes it seem like I'll really click with Adult Gohan. He's got a real Ken and Terry Bogard feel to his moves. I might just end up with him as my main.
Yeah, I want Vegetto and Kid Goku as well. Also, Roshi, Jiren, Ultra Instinct Goku and whatever they'll call Vegeta's transformation.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

SonicFox compilation

SonicFox has many championships under his belt. I think he stopped playing Street Fighter, but he's looking like the best Marvel vs Capcom Infinite player right now. He's top 2 or 3 in Injustice 2 (the best MK player), and I think the best Skull Girls and Dead or Alive player as well (I don't follow either one) His team as of now is 18, Kid Buu, and Beerus and he's looking real solid (his 18 is outta control)

18, Kid Buu and Frieza are looking like contenders for best characters in the game at the moment. 18's pressure and mixups are insane. Kid Buu has a deadly pressure game as well. Frieza looks like he has answers for every situation. I've seen an Adult Gohan player, but it looks like he was getting away with abc combos, so I'd liked to see his progress about 2 weeks after the game is out and he learned some better tactics, but he looks pretty solid.

I haven't seen any high level play from anyone else yet though. Something about the beta being garbage so not much to go on right now either. I'm hoping to see some high level play of Goku Black and Hit soon.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

VLordGTZ

I found some time to play the open beta last night and I loved it!  It had a fairly easy learning curve (even for an ASW fighter imo), and in general, it was just a ton of fun to play a competently-made Dragon Ball fighting game.  In terms of favorite characters,  I really liked playing as Frieza and 18, though I'm still not sure if I'll use them for my main team.  In any case, I'll definitely be picking up FighterZ when it comes out.

Mustang

That's good to hear. There's no point in me trying a beta since I'm hardly home to even attempt to play against other people, and by the time I get in I'm crashing.

Over_RnK's team.

Them boys back at it again. Rush_n_Kill crew (Over, Lucius, Ichigo, and I think there are 2 more) over in England I believe. I've been a fan of them since their Street Fighter x Tekken days. You'll always get swaggy combos/resets from them. But here's another Kid Buu and Frieza team. I think I'm starting to fear that duo. The synergy among the 2 is crazy.

1 week to go.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Lol. Leave it to TFS to find something that random.

Apparently there's some footage of Android 21 in action, but I can't link it. Me and twitter don't see eye to eye.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Android 21 trailer.

She might be the Majin character I'd end up using (I guarantee you're gonna see a team full of Kid Buu's and Frieza's and I'm gonna try to avoid that at all cost). Right now all she looks interesting enough to fit on my team of Goku Black, Hit/Beerus, ????
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Android 21 character breakdown

Wow, at first I was "whatever", but now her design has really grown onto me. So much so that I'm ditching the team of Goku Black, Hit and ???? to Android 18, Android 21, Goku Black/Hit.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I played four online matches today. I won two, and lost two. Now granted, all of this was really low-level stuff. That said, I just wanted to get a feel for the game, but since then I've mostly been spending my time in training mode trying to assemble my ideal team by seeing which characters best suit my play-style. As it stands, I've tried out five characters so far: Future Trunks, Freeza, Goku Black, Android 16, and Piccolo. Of those, I'm really feeling Black here. His playstyle suits mine perfectly what with his rush attacks and powerful projectiles. I'd say that Freeza comes in second place for me so far, as Android 16 seems to specialize more in grapple-based combos (which just isn't my thing), and while I do enjoy what I've tried of Piccolo and Trunks, I feel that the former requires a bit more effort to deal out high-damage combos whereas the latter doesn't have a ton of good options in the air. Of course, that's still based on really early impressions. I need to spend more time with these characters and several others before I make any conclusive decisions on who I want in my main team.

I will say that compared to games like USF4 and GGXrdR, combos are ridiculously easy to pull off here. I've managed to clear most combo trials on my first try with a lot of characters as the demand on execution is a lot more lenient in this than in most fighting games that I'm used to. I don't say that as a bad thing, either. It just feels odd to be able to pull off long combo-strings so easily when I'm used to having to spend hours of practice per character to do the same in other fighting games that I've played.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, after spending several hours with the game between today and yesterday, I can safely say that I'm hopelessly addicted to it. The mechanics are incredibly simple and easy to pull off yet no less satisfying than in any other fighting game that I've played, and while I haven't participated in a ton of online ranked matches, I'm already having a blast just trying to figure out each and every character and which best suit me personally from a gameplay standpoint. So far, Goku Black and Tien are looking like solid picks for my mains just based on how versatile their attacks feel along with how easy it is to pull off combos with them (aside from auto-combos, obviously). On the subject of auto-combos, though, If I had one gripe with the game so far it's that they are far too powerful, IMO. A regular full "square" combo (or "X" if you're playing on the XBOX) deals out about a quarter health-bar's worth of damage, which is a bit too much for just mashing one button, IMO. I'm OK with their existence in the game, but I feel like they should do about a third less damage than they currently do, otherwise it'll encourage more people to play it safe rather than experimenting with alternate combos and maneuvers to keep the fights feeling more dynamic. That isn't to say that more skill-based gameplay doesn't have any value in this game, just that it's a bit too easy to spam attacks and get rewarded for it (though, I suspect that this strategy will still backfire against higher-level players).

Overall, though, just like how Nioh was an early GOTY-contender for me last year, DBFZ takes that place this year. It's just pure fun, and will probably go down as one of the best licensed games that I've ever played.

Mustang

Interesting. From what I've been hearing Auto combos are actually weak once you start fighting people of a higher rank.

I'm currently watching someone use the team I was originally going for (Goku Black, Hit and Beerus) and right now I'm not liking what I see from Hit. Beerus on the other hand is definitely looking like Venom, and good God he looks annoying to play against. If people are looking for a keep-away team, I think Beerus needs to be on that team.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually liked what I've tried of Hit, especially since his attacks tend to have quite a lot of range to them. which could be a pain if you're fighting against him, though the downside to counter that is that a lot of his attacks also have a decent bit of start-up time making them easy enough to either avoid or counter if the opponent knows what they're doing. That said, that's only just in theory based on less than an hour of spending time practicing as him in training mode. For all I know he could either be way better or way worse than I make him sound in actual matches.

So far, two characters that I know that I can rule out and never playing as are Captain Ginyu and and Nappa. The former is a gimmick character (sort of like the Hakan of this game) and I can't see him being all that useful in any practical high-level match. The latter isn't necessarily bad, but Nappa's slow tank-like attack scheme just goes against every preference of my play-style. I'm just not interested in trying to learn how to play him.

From the little I've tried of Beerus, he's surprisingly fun to play as. I was worried since he seems to be a zoning character and historically I have always sucked with playing as them, but he has a surprisingly good amount of attack options at his disposal besides that.

At any rate, I can't wait until I spend another few weeks-to-months with the game and have completely different (and far less ignorant) opinions on the characters and general gameplay than what I do now. That never fails to happen with any fighting game that I invest a decent amount of time in. :sweat:

Mustang

My fault. I'm not trying to say Hit is bad or anything. He just don't seem like he fits with Goku Black and Beerus in terms of his assist. He looks like a combo extender, and for me I'm looking for mixup potential (which keeps me coming back to 18)

As for Ginyu and Nappa (I never wanted Nappa to be in the game to begin with) I don't think I'll ever bother with them. For money or whatever, I'll do their trials, after that they don't exist to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zR4h3zb4nU

He's why I'm hipped on Beerus at the moment.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Rynnec

I'm still trying to figure out what my team will be myself. Unfortunately it'll be a few days before I get PS+ back so I can't truly test things out, but for now I know I want to focus on rushdown, and that I want to learn how to incorporate 21 into that. Cell, Vegeta, and Gohan were my beta team, which worked out well. I guess my question will be which character would I swap out for 21?