Dragon Ball FighterZ

Started by Mustang, November 26, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've already made the switch to a stick as soon as mine came in. I actually found the PS4 controller to be fine, but I figured I might as well use what I paid for.

Adult Gohan can be useful, but his combat capabilities are far too short-range for my liking. I'm really digging both Goku Black and Vegeta, though. I still have yet to unlock SSJ Blue Goku and Vegeta, so I can't tell which is the best version of either character.

VLordGTZ

ArcSys games generally play pretty well with a controller, imo.  That being said, I found a Qanba Drone online for cheap, so I'll be switching to stick in a few days.  :sweat:

I've been playing the game on and off since launch and I'm loving it!  Even beyond the regular game-play, the story mode is a ton of fun and has some great dialogue.  ArcSys has delivered on all my expectations with this game!

Rynnec

I was looking to switch to a arcade stick for the longest time, but for FighterZ I'll just stick with the controller. The default controls are simple enough that I've already gotten use to all the inputs, so I don't want to throw off my muscle memory by switching.

I've been playing online almost exclusively since I got PS+ back and it's been helping learn a lot about the game. I've been using a team of 21/Vegeta/Adult Gohan, but have recently swapped out Vegeta to learn Yamcha. He's every bit as fun as I expected him to be, but some of his bnb's are surprisingly tricky.

Mustang

Yeah, default controls is definitely easy to pick up everything, but for me it's strictly movement. For fast pacing games like this (air dashers in general) I suck with movement because my thumb tire out easily trying to dash forward and back and instant air dash and whatnot.

As for A.Gohan having a short range, it sounds perfect for me mainly because I'm coming from Dudley and he had short limbs, but his rushdown game was mean, especially when he got you cornered.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

Trunks' Heat Dome attack looks so good when it's a destructive finish. Shame it's so difficult to pull off on a good opponent.

So yes, I did get to play this game and it is every bit as good as I hoped. It's impressive just how much fun ASW made all the characters to play. Now I'm really hoping the rumors of Kid Goku are true.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

I've gotten a lot more comfortable with the controller. I thought movement was going to be a pain, and while I still do think that (instant air dashes kills me), it's not at the point where I'm like "I can't take this" or anything of that nature.

So far I've completed the tutorial and am currently going through the combo challenges. I've completed SSJ Goku, SSJ Vegeta, Teen Gohan, Cell, Frieza and Trunks and am currently on Android 18. Characters like Krillin, Gotenks, Nappa, Majin Buu, and Ginyu are characters I know I will never touch so I have no interest in their trials nor do I like them.

Piccolo's last trial I have unfinished (I don't think I'll play as him much either) because it was giving me quite the fit. Teen Gohan's last trial also gave me a fit because of specific timing.

Like I said, I'm currently on 18's last trial and it might give me some issues (mainly dashing and placement) but it looks like one I can get the hang of. I've had the easiest time with SSJ Vegeta and he is pretty fast (Teen Gohan is also fast, but his limbs are very stumpy) and they feel fun. Cell might have earned a permanent spot because he feels like a character that can style on you.

One thing I wish the tutorial included was something more in-depth when it comes to calling your assist characters. Like when do you push A1 or A2 to help extend your combos, or keep the pressure going.

Other than that this game can easily be game of the year for me.

Spark Of Spirit

Oddly enough, I've really taken to using Krillin. I even got through his trial, really digging the blast bounce to aerial Kamehameha. He's got good mind games and his multi-Destructo Disk special hits really hard. Of the three in my team I tend to use him as the main.

The hardest trial I had was Adult Gohan's last one because of the spacing. It's really particular and the combo damage scales so hard that I just don't see the point of ever using it, much like Trunks' last combo.

That said, it was nice to get through all their trials. I don't usually bother in games like this, but it was very rewarding to get used to the different options this game has. There's a lot of them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

Kid Buu and 18's trials are complete and 16 is way too slow for me. Gave up on him as well.

Is it just me or is anyone else having issues staying connected to the servers? I've kicked out at least a good 7 times in the past 10 minutes and I'm trying to find a way to get offline. I can't stand these devs these days with this online stuff.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like 16 because some of his special mid/heavies have a ton of hyper-armor on them, to the point where he can almost seem a bit OP at times.

Mustang

I've been following SonicFox and he's using 16 very well (let the commentators tell you, he's being disrespectful lol), and he's one of those characters that hit so hard that the impact has me flinching when he hits someone with heavy. Big body characters are characters I've never been able to use due to them being slow. (That goes back to the Street Fighter 2 days)

Hit, Gohan, Tien and Yamcha are now completed. Hit, Gohan and Yamcha gave me a tough time, again due to timing and spacing. Tien feels like the easiest character in the game which got me thinking for a little bit but I don't think I'd want him on a team either, at least not at this time. I love Hit's design but I may have to drop him as well. His cancels might be a little bit much right now, but once I learn my characters he'll make a return. Don't have much of an interest in Yamcha at the moment. (maybe when I get in story mode. We'll see)

I still have Goku Black, SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta and Beerus to go.

Adult Gohan, Cell, Goku Black is looking more and more like my go to team at the moment.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yamcha's pretty good on the ground. A lot of his best attacks also have really short start-up times.

I still have yet to unlock Majin Android 21, or Vegeta and Goku Blue, so I haven't even tried them out yet. I think I'll try and focus on finishing up story mode to unlock the former, but it still may take me a while to get around to unlocking the latter two.

As for the combo challenges, out of all of the default characters, I have completed everyone's except for Gotenks, Adult Gohan, and Android 16, with one left to complete for him and two each for the Half-Saiyans.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that there aren't more combo challenges though. The first seven or eight for each character are just basic stuff like auto-combos and specials. Only the last two or three actually contain any sort of advanced manual combos. Additionally, it would be neat if there were some combo challenges with pre-selected teams so that you could practice maneuvers in which you could switch out characters mid-combo.

Mustang

https://i.redd.it/j6z4l7dhsff01.jpg

Apparently this is the Japanese tier list at the moment. Personally, I think it's still too early for it, and apparently I need to see more SSB Goku, but I'd probably put Kid Buu up there with Gohan, Vegeta, SSB Goku and Goku Black.

This is definitely setting up to be like MvC2, according to the list though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just cleared through the Enemy Warrior arc of the game and managed to finally unlock Vegeta Blue. I'll finish up the Android 21 arc in order to unlock her and then I should manage to unlock Goku pretty shortly after that since I can earn Zeni pretty fast by just playing the game normally online.

I also completed all of Vegeta Blue's combo challenges after getting him (his are among the easier ones in the game, IMO). I'm not sure whether or not I prefer him to regular Vegeta yet, but I do find him to be a lot of fun and want to try him out in some regular matches.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Mustang on February 11, 2018, 04:23:14 PM
https://i.redd.it/j6z4l7dhsff01.jpg

Apparently this is the Japanese tier list at the moment. Personally, I think it's still too early for it, and apparently I need to see more SSB Goku, but I'd probably put Kid Buu up there with Gohan, Vegeta, SSB Goku and Goku Black.

This is definitely setting up to be like MvC2, according to the list though.
So everyone's tied at A?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody