Dragon Ball FighterZ

Started by Mustang, November 26, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 13, 2018, 01:43:55 AM
Quote from: Mustang on February 11, 2018, 04:23:14 PM
https://i.redd.it/j6z4l7dhsff01.jpg

Apparently this is the Japanese tier list at the moment. Personally, I think it's still too early for it, and apparently I need to see more SSB Goku, but I'd probably put Kid Buu up there with Gohan, Vegeta, SSB Goku and Goku Black.

This is definitely setting up to be like MvC2, according to the list though.
So everyone's tied at A?
It's way too early to know what every character is capable of other than certain characters just being plain bad like Ginyu (which is the point because of his body switch special) or insanely good like 16 and Cell. All the ones in the center could change at any time once new moves and tactics are discovered.

This also doesn't factor in potential balance patches or future DLC. So all this could easily change.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Actually, even Ginyu can prove useful since he can summon multiple assists at once. I personally don't play him since using assist specials doesn't suit my play-style (same reason I don't use 18), but I've encountered other players who were an absolute pain with Ginyu because of how effectively they utilized the other members in addition to regular team assists. Also, interesting little tidbit: if you're playing Ginyu against Freeza, him and the other members will apparently change their dialogue when they attack and apologize to "Lord Freeza" for attacking him. I haven't actually done it myself, but have heard other players talk about it, and if true then that's some pretty awesome attention to detail from ASW.

As for me, Hit is quickly surpassing Goku Black as my new favorite main, and I may end up taking back what I said about Adult Gohan if I can manage to learn to play him better. I didn't give him enough credit before because I never understood how you were actually supposed to use him until just recently when I discovered that he can actually break a lot of rules that other characters follow once you power him up.

Mustang

I keep on bouncing back and forth between Hit and A.Gohan  mainly because I can't see any chemistry between the 2 when teaming them up mainly because they're basically the same type of character.

Right now my main team is Cell, Goku Black, SSJ Vegeta. Overall the main character that will probably see play on all of my teams will be Cell. As much noise as I made about Goku Black I have to admit that I like Cell's character in the entirety of DB series (next would be Vegito and Vegeta) and like I said he can just style on people.

My 2nd team is/will be Cell, A.Gohan/Hit, SSJ Goku. I like the family on the screen for Gohan's level 3. If I use Hit instead, Goku will probably turn into SSB Vegeta.

Now in terms of Ginyu being weak and whatnot. Personally, I'd like to see what folks like Yipes, Justin Wong, and Chris G (he already said Ginyu sucks) think about him and other characters overall. What makes this game great (especially on a casual level) is the fact that it's 3v3. Dr. Ensatsu-Ken is absolutely right if you team him up with SSJ Vegeta (I only say him because he has the best assist in the game). You have Vegeta's lockdown assist along with Jeice and Burter. You can create a pretty mean situation (throw a beam assist in there and your opponent probably can't see Ginyu on approach or block the mixup)

I love the game, but I hate this online lobby system. I don't understand why dev's think this is a good idea for fighting games.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Mustang

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

VLordGTZ

Mustang

People are saying that the DLC leak rumor is confirmed with base Goku and Vegeta. I have no idea. I'm just waiting for Vegito.

"Rose-tint Glasses off"

I really hope there is no base Goku or Vegeta. I get it, people want Kaio-ken and whatnot, but their base forms are irrelevant now (wasted space). I hope they find someway to address the netcode situation. Apparently steams playerbase dropped 70-80% last week. I don't want doom and gloom type stuff, but this is what kills fighting games now. If netcode is wack you have no future, which is unfortunate because the game is so good and ASW did a lot of things right, but the one thing they needed to succeed with is netcode (Capcom got reamed for it). But they decided to go with this shitty online lobby mechanic and it's been chaotic. I haven't had a stable connection since the day I got the game, but I want to say that's due to my internet being crappy. Right now I play the game offline because I can't stay connected to the server.

gunswordfist

I can't wait to see Broly!!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Finally finished off story mode and unlocked Android 21, and I'm really close to accumulating 500,000 total Zeni so I should unlock Goku Blue by tomorrow. I also completed all of the combo challenges for 21 within 10 minutes of unlocking her. She's got some interesting attributes, but once again, not my kind of character, personally.

Spark Of Spirit

I still think the "base" rumor was the whole Ultra Instinct thing. I'm also still hoping for Vegitto. Kind of surprised they have Kid Buu and Gotenks but not him.

Either way, I'm hoping this means Kid Goku is true. Him and Master Roshi were the two OG DB characters I wanted to see here. It's weird that Roshi is not in the roster, honestly.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

I really wish, from the beginning, characters with transformations would've had something like a permanent install, where each level gives an extra moveset and whatnot just to allow more variety of characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmFaLpffojE

A high level tournament that took place over the weekend in case people want to check it out. There's some cheap Ginyu stuff in it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I've completed all combo challenges for every currently available fighter in the game. Very few of them gave me too much difficulty compared to other fighting games, but the hardest for me personally was Android 16's last trial. Anything that requires mixed rapid button inputs followed immediately by a special always gives me a bit of a hang-up until I get a feel for the timing, especially if it's an air combo.

gunswordfist

The sequel will probably have characters only separated by ages (Kid, Teen, Adult, etc.) and everyone gets all/most of their transformations, instead of having transformations being separate character.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I know it's a cliche pairing in the game already, but hit and Goku Black just work so well together. It's funny because as characters, I find Hit to be rather boring in terms of his personality and role in the story in Super, and Goku Black, while entertaining, kind of loses some impact when you realize his identity is just an alternate timeline version of Zamasu. But this is where fun gameplay can make any character interesting, and personally I'm loving the combo synergy between those two, who are both on my main team.

Pinning down a third man (or woman) is the tough part for me, though. I tried out Cell for a bit, and while he's currently considered to be an upper-tier character, he's not working too well with the team set-up that I have. I'm thinking of switching out to Vegeta, but can't decide between regular or Blue. Regular is a better assist character, while Blue tends to be more suited to fighting solo and pressuring opponents. I'm leaning towards regular, though, because Hit is my point character and Goku Black is my anchor character, so I'd probably be better suited with a character who has a solid assist that can help me extend combos with either of those two. We'll have to see, though. I'll experiment with both in training mode tomorrow.