Your Dream Game

Started by Mustang, December 11, 2017, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Sort of sparked on by an Easy Allies podcast discussion.

A developer (any developer with a blank check) is going to make your dream game. Be it a combination of devs, or a single dev, it don't matter to me. What game would that be? And whose making it?

For me, I've been on quite the Zelda run as of late. Just admiring how good Breath of the Wild looks. There aren't many games out there that looks or feels as large as the Zelda games. Metal Gear Solid 5 comes close, but it's basically an incomplete game, and that's unfortunate because that would've been perfect because I love gadgets. I think the closest game I've played that actually feels large might be Final Fantasy 15, but the combat leaves much to be desired. I love the teleporting weapons, but I wish it had something akin to Devil May Cry. Batman: Arkham Knight was ruined with the batmobile. Loved everything else (outside of the character models), but, man the bat-mobile killed the experience.

My dream game would be a Devil May Cry collaboration between the Breath of the Wild team and Capcom's Devil May Cry 3/4 team. I'd want Zelda team to handle the world, but I wouldn't know how would you make a Devil May Cry feel massive like Breath of the Wild. Of course I prefer DMC's combat over Zelda because I'm a combo guy. I like upgrading weapons as well. No idea who I want to handle the soundtrack and whatnot.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Foggle

Fun idea for a thread! A well-crafted open world game with combat as good as the best character action titles would certainly be a sight to behold.

My dream game would be a colorful cartoon collectathon platformer with core gameplay similar to Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - plus a hint of Vanquish and Nier Automata - developed by Platinum Games, written and directed by Yoko Taro, featuring a soundtrack similar to the ones in MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns. Don't know if I'd survive the announcement trailer and press release, though...

Spark Of Spirit

A game that is a mixture of Blood Dragon, Perfect Dark's co-op mode, and Thief. Buddy cop FPS where you have to plot your route stealthily to get in by helping your partner (or it happens automatically in single player) by hitting switches or unlocking pathways together to achieve the objective. You can play it as a straight shooter, or play it smart and sneak your way inside.

I'd want the tone to be like an '80s cop film like Showdown in Little Tokyo, Lethal Weapon, or Tango & Cash, with the same type of aesthetic as Blood Dragon. That means great one-liners, neon colors, over the top action, and crazy Perfect Dark-style weapons.

Get Powerglove to do the soundtrack, too.

That's really the one type of game I'd like to see be done that has never been attempted.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, after all of my time spent with DBFZ so far, I'm convinced that this is the perfect new template for any future Shonen Jump All-Stars type of game. If after the success of this game Shueisha wanted to hand the reigns of other WSJ properties to ASW to do as they pleased with it, that'd be pretty amazing.