Author Topic: 20th Century Fox  (Read 95 times)

Daikun

• American Dragon
    • Email
20th Century Fox
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:10:50 PM »

Peanutbutter

• The Elephant's Peanut
Re: 20th Century Fox
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 05:37:17 PM »
I mean, what exactly have they NOT predicted that's become part of today's culture at this point???

Lord Dalek

• Writer of a generation
  • Thaumatrio
  • Eats 'Iz Spinach
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 03:51:50 PM »
What are the odds of Blue Sky getting dismantled/sold back to Meledandri?

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 04:01:47 PM »
I wonder what this means for their syndicated cartoons like Family Guy, Simpsons, and Bob's Burgers. Will Adult Swim still be allowed to air Seth's shows (like how Nick still airs the George Lopez show), or will Disney take away those rights and give them to one of their own networks?

Lord Dalek

• Writer of a generation
  • Thaumatrio
  • Eats 'Iz Spinach
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »
I wonder what this means for their syndicated cartoons like Family Guy, Simpsons, and Bob's Burgers. Will Adult Swim still be allowed to air Seth's shows (like how Nick still airs the George Lopez show), or will Disney take away those rights and give them to one of their own networks?
I've had this same thought. Adult Swim's ratings are in the toilet in general compared to previous years and Disney has it in their power to flush 'em down the drain.

Dreamer2

• Magic School Bus
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 04:24:51 PM »
Yeah, if AS loses the rights to the Fox shows, then they'll most likely be in serious trouble. The only thing they'd really have that brings in ratings is Rick and Morty and that only has 31 episodes.

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 05:42:16 PM »
[adult swim]'s current ratings are fine, television in general does not attract the numbers have used to so the bar for success has changed. That said, FOX shows are [adult swim]'s bread-and-butter. If they lose FOX shows they'll definitely have to shrink and give the primetime hours back to CN.

Daxdiv

• Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree
  • IN YOUR HEART!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 07:25:18 PM »
Streaming on demand is the future, cord cutting is a thing. Cable TV sure does have a lot of competition on it's hand. If anything, I have seen people use that as the reason as to why Cartoon Network replays Teen Titans Go all the time due to how it's to attract kids to the TV, while still pushing their app/website to watch the latest episodes of their latest shows.