20th Century Fox

Started by Daikun, December 14, 2017, 04:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Peanutbutter

I mean, what exactly have they NOT predicted that's become part of today's culture at this point???

Lord Dalek

What are the odds of Blue Sky getting dismantled/sold back to Meledandri?

Dr. Insomniac

I wonder what this means for their syndicated cartoons like Family Guy, Simpsons, and Bob's Burgers. Will Adult Swim still be allowed to air Seth's shows (like how Nick still airs the George Lopez show), or will Disney take away those rights and give them to one of their own networks?

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 15, 2017, 03:01:47 PM
I wonder what this means for their syndicated cartoons like Family Guy, Simpsons, and Bob's Burgers. Will Adult Swim still be allowed to air Seth's shows (like how Nick still airs the George Lopez show), or will Disney take away those rights and give them to one of their own networks?
I've had this same thought. Adult Swim's ratings are in the toilet in general compared to previous years and Disney has it in their power to flush 'em down the drain.

Dreamer2

Yeah, if AS loses the rights to the Fox shows, then they'll most likely be in serious trouble. The only thing they'd really have that brings in ratings is Rick and Morty and that only has 31 episodes.

LumRanmaYasha

[adult swim]'s current ratings are fine, television in general does not attract the numbers have used to so the bar for success has changed. That said, FOX shows are [adult swim]'s bread-and-butter. If they lose FOX shows they'll definitely have to shrink and give the primetime hours back to CN.

Daxdiv

Streaming on demand is the future, cord cutting is a thing. Cable TV sure does have a lot of competition on it's hand. If anything, I have seen people use that as the reason as to why Cartoon Network replays Teen Titans Go all the time due to how it's to attract kids to the TV, while still pushing their app/website to watch the latest episodes of their latest shows.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

It took them now to consider selling Freeform? They've been trying and failing to make that channel work for decades.

Avaitor

I thought that turning Freeform into a Fox cartoon channel was doing the trick, but I guess this gives more weight to the theory that Disney is willing to sell [as] the syndication rights to Family Guy again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

They could have always just expanded FXX and turn that into their main Fox cartoon channel. At least that would have meant no 700 Club airings to work around.

I still think about how much Disney tried to make the channel the 4th place for kids TV by airing Power Rangers, Beyblade, Harry Potter movies, etc. Then giving up on that and making shows for teenagers like this. Then realizing teenagers don't like binging shows only to find Pat Robertson or his son staring at them. It was never a channel that knew how to thrive, and I'm surprised it took this long to consider putting it up for auction. Even if Robertson's death meant the 700 Club guys were more open to leaving, I don't think the momentum is there for a Freeform renaissance. Yes, streaming is collapsing in front of our eyes right now, but I don't think walking back to cable is going to fix anything.