Classic Disney Shows Available on Streaming Services!

Started by FoxKidsLover16, December 26, 2017, 07:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxKidsLover16

Recently (as in last year and this year), Disney has added a lot of classic shows to streaming services.

Amazon Video (Available to purchase)

101 Dalmatians: The Series (In HD)
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (In HD)
DuckTales
Gargoyles
Goof Troop (In HD)
Jungle Cubs
Kim Possible
The Proud Family
TaleSpin

DisneyNOW App

Kim Possible (Some Episodes)
The Little Mermaid (The Entire Series)
The Proud Family (Some Episodes)

And the DisneyNOW App has Christmas Episodes of

Higglytown Heroes
PB&J Otter
Stanley

I purchased the entire series of Jungle Cubs and Volume 1 of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and 101 Dalmatians: The Series because those are my favorites. I also watched the Christmas Episode of Stanley on the DisneyNOW App and I loved it. It also helps that I am an animal enthusiast. Stanley is definitely a childhood favorite of mine, along with Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and 101 Dalmatians: The Series. I'm going to also watch Higglytown and Otter because I love Higglytown and I enjoy Otter. I'm probably not going to purchase or watch any Proud Family or Kim Possible episodes because I was never into those shows, even though I did watch episodes of those shows. I will probably eventually watch The Little Mermaid on DisneyNOW because I enjoy that show (I honestly enjoy the show as much as the movie, though I wouldn't say I love either of them. I just enjoy them) and I will definitely purchase the rest of 101 Dalmatians: The Series and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, as well as TaleSpin and probably Goof Troop and DuckTales and maybe Gargoyles. Overall, this is good news to Old School Disney TV Animation fans. I personally grew up enjoying Otter, TaleSpin, Rescue Rangers, Stanley, Dalmatians, Mermaid, Higglytown, and Goof Troop

FoxKidsLover16

So recently, Disney has removed some classic shows from some of their streaming services

DisneyNOW

Higglytown Heroes (Only the Christmas Episodes were on there)
PB&J Otter (Only the Christmas Episode was on there)
The Proud Family
Stanley (Same as Otter)

Kim Possible and The Little Mermaid are still on DisneyNOW though and The Proud Family may be removed from the DisneyNOW App, but it's still on Amazon Video to purchase. Sadly, Higglytown Heroes, PB&J Otter, and Stanley are not available to be seen legally anywhere now. Still, it was fun watching the Stanley Christmas Episode (Ten times), the PB&J Otter Christmas Episode, and the 2 Higglytown Heroes Christmas Episodes.

Then again, I shouldn't be too surprised, seeing as these shows often come and go legally. At least a few times a year, these shows become available legally (Early last year, Stanley and Otter were on Disney Junior's On Demand Service and in late 2016, every episode of PB&J Otter was on the Disney Junior App and it's On Demand Service), so I think these shows MIGHT come back legally sometime this year, along with possibly JoJo's Circus and Rolie Polie Olie

I would also say Bear in the Big Blue House, The Book of Pooh, and Out of the Box, but Disney hasn't acknowledged them in years. Bear in the Big Blue House since 2007 and the latter 2 since 2005 (June 2005 for Out of the Box and September 2005 for The Book of Pooh)

Daikun

I'm surprised to see The Little Mermaid on there. I figured they'd forgotten about it at this point--it hasn't aired in over 20 years. (Did Toon Disney air it? I'm not sure.) I remember seeing that show on CBS when I was a kid. It's actually quite good compared to other Disney shows around that time with "The Series" tagged onto it.

Avaitor

I've actually seen The Little Mermaid show air at like 4 am on Disney Channel in the past few years. It doesn't get the same amount of nostalgia love that DuckTales or Darkwing does (which makes sense- for one thing, they're better shows), but Disney seems to pull it out occasionally, since Ariel still makes little girls happy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

FoxKidsLover16

I remember seeing The Little Mermaid on Toon Disney and even The Disney Channel when I was little (I am 17 currently). There was even a block on Toon Disney where they showed back to back episodes of The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. Apparently, according to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZliXxvsmk and a few other sources I saw, the show aired on Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney schedule back then. It was also on Disney Junior (24/7)'s channel back when the channel launched. The Little Mermaid appears every now and then.

What surprises me though is that The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is not on Amazon Video to purchase, or DisneyNOW App. Even Gargoyles is on Amazon Video and that was never as big as Pooh. Winnie the Pooh even has a new movie coming this year actually https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Robin_(film), so I am honestly surprised. Not mad at all, just surprised. Especially when the show had reruns for many years. I remember watching the reruns at 6AM on Playhouse Disney and I also remember the show airing on Toon Disney (Unlike DuckTales or Darkwing, which I never saw on Toon Disney's schedule. For a while, the only DuckTales thing I saw was the movie).

What I have noticed is that when it comes to Amazon Video, Disney has released a few each year to purchase (Not available for Amazon Prime, just purchase).

DuckTales
Rescue Rangers
TaleSpin
Jungle Cubs (Was buried from January 2002 - March 2012. The Disney Junior Channel aired the series for about a year and a half)

Goof Troop
Gargoyles
101 Dalmatians: The Series

There's also Proud Family and Kim Possible to purchase on Amazon Video, but I am not sure what year they were available to purchase

So if they add anything in 2018, I am not sure what they will add (I'm not even sure if they will add anything), but if they do. They might do The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, since the Live Action movie is coming out soon. When The Jungle Book Live Action Remake came out, they added TaleSpin and Jungle Cubs. But still, I don't want to get my hopes up.

Also like I said before, Disney might bring back a few of their old preschool shows since they do this from time to time (Stanley, PB&J Otter, Higglytown Heroes, Rolie Polie Olie, and JoJo's Circus)

FoxKidsLover16

So there are some updates

Kim Possible and The Little Mermaid are both removed from the DisneyNOW App, though Kim Possible is still available on Amazon Video

The Proud Family returns to the DisneyNOW App, after a month long break

and Higglytown Heroes is now on the DisneyNOW App

Daikun

DisneyNOW is adding remastered episodes of The Little Mermaid.

And on a related note... DisneyNOW finally works on computers. Now you can just go to the website to watch what you want.

As a result, the WatchDisneyXD/Channel/Junior websites are all shutting down tomorrow. They're no longer needed.

EDIT: If anyone finds the sound effect on DisneyNOW annoying, scroll to the bottom of the page. There's an option to toggle it off.