Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 24, 2011, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

gunswordfist

I keep on seeing that. Are those panels real? :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Yes, I know they're from the Viz Translation of the manga. I think the context was that Light knew he was being wire tapped/video taped or something and was trying to ignore Ryuk to catch them off guard.

Dr. Insomniac

This is the entire movie in one image: Light with slanty-eyes and a top hat flipping off somebody.

Daxdiv

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Your Movie Sucks shares his opinions on the film: https://youtu.be/ez-neYAjMOM

I am so glad to see someone else call out Adam Wingard on being an overrated hack. I watched You're Next, The Guest, and Blair Witch, and couldn't for the life of me understand how people praised this guy, and watching YMS take him down as not making cheesy movies to be ironic but because he literally just thought that was good filmmaking was very cathartic for me.

As he puts it himself: "To take 9/10 source material and turn it into a 1/10 piece of shit takes a special kind of talent."

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I saw that earlier....

You know, I'm perfectly fine with someone enjoying the movie for what it is if that's how they feel about it, but man I can't help but feel that MB is really stretching here in order to save face somewhat for sticking up for this movie even though the trailers were pretty tell-tale of how bad it would be.

Dr. Insomniac

I've been annoyed with Mother's Basement lately due to his clickbait titles (like that one where he calls Kakegurui a bad gambling anime) and moments where it seems like he's only making arguments for contrarianism's sake. He still makes some interesting videos, but he's been more off than usual ever since he moved out of his literal mother's basement.

Speaking of Death Note movies, has anyone heard of that recent one from Japan, that's a sequel to the ones from a decade ago? Because I read the synopsis, and it sounds almost as bizarre and dumb as the Netflix film.

gunswordfist

...I assumed he was being sarcastic. Might want to not actually watch that review later.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 05, 2017, 05:42:29 AM
I've been annoyed with Mother's Basement lately due to his clickbait titles (like that one where he calls Kakegurui a bad gambling anime) and moments where it seems like he's only making arguments for contrarianism's sake. He still makes some interesting videos, but he's been more off than usual ever since he moved out of his literal mother's basement.

Speaking of Death Note movies, has anyone heard of that recent one from Japan, that's a sequel to the ones from a decade ago? Because I read the synopsis, and it sounds almost as bizarre and dumb as the Netflix film.

I find it funny in MB's Kakegurui video how he claims to be a big fan of gambling anime/manga when the only series he seems to have watched is Kaiji.  Like he mentions One Outs, but the fact that he doesn't show any footage from it or name a specific example is a clear sign that he hasn't seen it.  From what I've watched/read of it, Kaiji is great, but can you really say that Kakegurui is a bad representation of a genre you've only seen one series from?  I enjoy MB's content for the most part, but I wish he wouldn't make half-assed videos like that one.

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Insomniac

Japanese people reacted to the Death Note movie. Most of the shared criticism is that the movie didn't have the mind-game aspect of the source material.