Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Greg had said if the show ever got another season that it would have another time skip. Hope its not a big one, because I can't see any good reason for him or Brandon do another one five or so years ahead. I liked Season Two, but it was more flawed than the first one and a large part of that was because the cast expanded too much and too quick. A big time skip would just create more story problems.

Hopefully he was trolling and the real time is only a year or a few months ahead.

Avaitor

I mean, if it's another big time jump, then Young Justice really wouldn't be a fair title.

tbh, I really just want less Blue Beetle. I really did not care for his story arc in season 2.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Blue Beetle was way better in TB&TB. I didn't really enjoy him at all in YJ.

I want to see them focus on a core cast this season like they did in the original and work from there. It's also their chance to actually use the original YJ line up. Tim Drake Robin (Do not time skip to Damien PLEASE), Connor Kent Superboy, and Bart Allen Impulse, are all in the show already and can easily form the backbone of any team they use.

What they need to not do is go wild with more characters in less episodes like Invasion. That was a bad move. I really don't want to see another time skip like the one from 1 to 2 to introduce ANOTHER new cast of characters. Work with what you already have first.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, this is a good enough excuse for me to re-watch the first two seasons.

LumRanmaYasha

It'll be great to finally have a proper conclusion to this series! Hopefully they'll stick with wrapping up the loose ends and don't get too ambitious.

gunswordfist

I want Static to actually do something this time. I was super excited about Deathstroke and Static and they both ended up being underwhelming.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

It might help that there won't be a comic book to sell this time which means everything will have to be done in show. So no more introducing things, not doing anything with them, then telling everyone to read the comics if they want to know what certain characters are doing. I'm hoping that at least helps a bit.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

That only depends on if DC decides not to do a comic tie-in. They may not, but I wouldn't assume just yet that they won't.

Pharass

I'm bringing this thread back to life (if that's OK), to bring you some sad news:

Miguel Ferrer, the voice of Vandal Savage (and many other roles) passed away a few days ago.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

I didn't know he was the voice of Vandal Savage as well. Rest in peace, Miguel Ferrer.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

One concern I have about the third season is since Darkseid's probably the main villain, we're gonna get New Gods. But which ones? Because I didn't like the episode with the Forever People. I thought they were annoying in the original comics, and Weisman didn't do anything to make them more interesting here (on the other hand, portraying Desaad as if he was a legitimate threat was funny). YJ always had a habit of introducing popular characters like Batgirl, Black Adam, Joker, etc, and then setting them aside for a less popular character like Blue Beetle and the Reach to take center stage. And that formula hasn't worked well for me, because it just seems to highlight why those characters are less popular instead of trying to renovate and make them as dynamic as a lead character deserves. It did work for Cheshire and Artemis, but that was more of an exception compared to the tens of episodes and subplots focused on characters I found either boring or unlikable.

Peanutbutter

I don't have the hangups Insomniac has to say the least. But I am a bit concerned about the amount of characters we've had in both seasons that led to only a handful getting any real meaningful development. With likely new characters on the way, I am a bit more apprehensive. I still don't understand how or why Greg and Brandon want to do ANOTHER time skip. I get it, they did that in the second season because they wanted to get Robin into Nightwing and be able to do characters right away that they didn't have in the first season. Also I imagine it was to make the show seem at least slightly realistic because of how long the outer planets' aliens enacted their investigation into Earth and the invasions of various aliens would naturally take at least that much an amount of time from the distance between Earth and other galaxies through lightyears.

But next season is likely Darkseid and his invasion of Earth with The Light right behind him. That isn't the type of thing that should really have anything skipped over. I have faith in Greg because the last season was still good overall despite the smaller number of episodes. I just really hope its a more miniscule amount of time in comparison.

Daikun

Season 3 won't be on Netflix after all.
DC is starting their own streaming service, and the show will be on that instead.
http://deadline.com/2017/04/dc-digital-service-titans-young-justice-outsiders-1202076831

Spark Of Spirit

Oh great, I won't be able to see it legally. Smart move, that.

Dreamer2

Streaming services everywhere! Guess I'll be passing on YJ Season 3. Which doesn't bother me much. I like it, but don't love it.

So, now that there's Boomerang and this, CN may be done with WB/DC stuff. Not that they treat most of them well anyway.