Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Three episodes in, and it's pretty good so far. Hasn't achieved the instant greatness that SSM did at this point, but I'm really enjoying all the characters so far, and the super hero cameos are fun without needing you to read years worth of comics on them.

On that alone I think it's a success, but what about you guys?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I think it might not be as fast paced because the first season is 26 episodes instead of TSSM's 13 episodes. The first three episodes were all pretty much just character building and we haven't gotten into the pot yet.

But, it seems shaping up just fine. As far as serious superhero shows go, this is probably the best one since TSSM so far.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I've only seen one episode of this series so far, and I liked it. It was the episode after the one hour premiere, where they focused on team building, which is kind of an important thing to do considering they have to work together. I will say that this series is grabbing my interest more than the Avengers cartoon on Disney XD.

Avaitor

I seem to see a somewhat mixed reaction on the new Avengers show. It has a decent following, but a lot of people also think that it's wholly mediocre, and even it's biggest supporters don't think it's destined for greatness.

I love the team to death, in any pre-Civil War lineup, but the new show didn't seem that exciting to me, so I haven't seen any of it. I want to catch up on it before the season ends, so I might, but I'm not expecting the JLU killer it should be.

It sucks that such an important team like the Avengers has only had two animated series so far, and one of them was terrible, while the other is supposedly very average. It shouldn't be that hard to make a good Avengers show, but I can't say anything more on the subject until I see it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My thoughts on the first 3 episodes are fairly positive. I did enjoy them (MUCH more than Teen Titans, a show which I never cared for and never understood the hype or popularity behind, I might add), but to be honest they aren't nearly as strong as the beginning episodes of TSSM or anything else that I've seen that Greg Weisman was involved with before. That said, I'm giving this show the benefit of the doubt because it has not just 1, but 5 main super heroes, and the show has been doing a decent job of building them up as characters so far, and after that I'm hoping that the show takes some time to focus on the specific chemistries between individual characters when working with other specific individual characters. So far, I'm enjoying all of the characters except for Super Boy, who I don't necessarily dislike, but (and this may just be me) I do have to admit I find him to be a bit "too" angsty right now, for my liking. Of course, I do understand that he has a good reason to not be too trusting of others since he had no real allies for himself until just recently, and also his social skills can't be very good if he spent his entire life up until this point being raised in what's basically a giant test-tube. So, I'll give his character the benefit of the doubt for a while, and just hope that he develops a bit more into a more open and likable character by the end of the season.

Overall, though, I'm enjoying this show enough to definitely want to follow its progress on a weekly basis.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Got my first exposure in tonight. It's not right to judge by one episode, but I wasn't impressed. I love stealth based operations, so I was disappointed as fuck when Speedy and Superboy completely blew their cover. That and the cult just made me think of Cobra Commander each time they talked. The fight scenes also seemed just as bland as the Avengers show.

This Robin is a giant douche too, but Aqualad is awesome. As for Bane...yeah. Can't say I care about the rest of the team either, but Batman sounds pretty badass here.

I'll probably keep watching because nothing else better is on, and hopefully it can improve, because after WITCH and Spectacular Spider-Man, this seems like a step down for Greg Weisman.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Too bad, you should have started from the beginning since the first 3 episodes were much better episodes than the one that aired this week. That's not to say that they were great, but they were certainly above average. So, its kind of just your bad luck to have started at the first mediocre episode of the season (obviously I wasn't at all impressed by this episode, either).

Avaitor

I can't give you my opinions on the episode from last night yet, since I forgot to record and I was with my friends.

I'll try to find it online before tomorrow tonight, when it'll air next.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Hmm, I really liked the episode. Superboy is finally showing his cocky side and Robin shows just how much of a leader he isn't.

Also, with the final line it looks like the main plot will begin rolling soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I liked this episode as well, but I can see how it's not a good introduction episode.

If you're not familiar with this interpretation of the characters from the previous episodes, I can see how you can find them unlikable, but this is a good one for Robin and Superboy. The former proves that he's not quite the leader he thought he was, and the latter is adapting to this world more by gaining more emotions. The rest of the cast haven't had as important of a discovery this episode, but it's a solid continuation of the first three episodes, even if it is the weakest thus far.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Seriously dude, watch the 2 part pilot if you haven't seen it. It's a really great set up for the show.

Also, Superboy is a cocky asshole. Of course he's going to blow their cover, because he typically doesn't think things through. I'm glad that he's starting to turn into his comic persona slowly, he's way more interesting a character than Superman is.

gunswordfist

No one's better than Superman.

Anyway, I loved last week's episode. Having Bane and Sportsmaster in the same episode wins major points from me.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

This weeks episode was a huge step up. The team still has problems, but they weren't so busy one-upping each other/being sarcastic to completely ignore the mission. The animation seemed much more fluid here, with the gym fight being a personal highlight, as well as the team fending off the MONQI's. Also, the Justice League appearances here didn't feel like glorified cameos, you actually got to see Bruce and Clark discuss the needs of the team and Superboy's instability.

Quite a quick turnaround for something that I passed off as Teen Titans with less humor.

Avaitor

I still find it funny that Teen Titans, which was a fairly serious comic, turned out to be a goofy anime-inspired series, while Young Justice, which is a more comedic book, is becoming a series super hero cartoon.

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet (recorded it's premiere this time though), but I just felt like posting that.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, that's definitely odd. I'm just glad there's a show finally using the Connor Kent Superboy.

Now if I can get someone to use Impulse and Tim Drake Robin, I'll be all set.