Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on February 05, 2011, 12:06:40 AM
This weeks episode was a huge step up. The team still has problems, but they weren't so busy one-upping each other/being sarcastic to completely ignore the mission.

That's a bit of an exaggeration considering they were still determined to complete their previous mission the whole time, but just weren't willing to work together as a team.

The thing is, the fact that they have immaturity problems and try to stand-out among the rest is part of the point, since their still basically young teenagers. The interesting aspect of the show (assuming it does it right, since its still really early on in the season) is how they develop past that stage into heroes who can be taken more seriously and accomplish tougher tasks as a full-fledged team. If they were all super-serious and completely mentally matured like the super heroes of the Justice League from the start, then there would be little point to this series to begin with, and it would turn out fairly boring in that case, IMO.

gunswordfist

I liked last week's episode much better. Good team development though. And I want Green Arrow's son Connor on the team. I remember fans drooling over his skills at comicvine. I also hope that girl in green they show is not his replacement and/or supposed to be Green Arrow daughter.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I really liked this week's episode much better than the previous 2. I'm glad that this time we got to learn a bit more about Red Arrow, and it was a nice touch at the end to see that he still cared for his friends even though he refuses to be a part of their team. The new girl is certainly an interesting character and her relationship with that masked villain may prove to be an interesting plot point later on down the line as the series progresses (and considering that Greg Weisman is involved with the writing for this series, it probably will be.

Overall, after this particular episode, I'm more convinced than ever that this series is heading in the right direction. I think that so far we've gotten to see at least a little bit of good development for every single one of the main characters except for Kid Flash, but I'm sure that even he will get expanded upon at least a little bit at a later point in the series.

Spark Of Spirit

I liked how this episode painted Kid Flash in more of a positive (in a way, anyway) light. Normally he's goofy and aloof, but here he showed quite the strong loyalty for Speedy/Red Arrow even to the point of resenting the new girl for it.

I want to see how they'll expand on that aspect of the character in future episodes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Want to know how much of a nerd I am? I've been getting Happy Meals from McDonalds to get as many of the toys as I can.

I got Superboy a week or two ago and got Captain Cold today. The funny thing is that I don't even remember Cold being on the show so far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The first episode, Kid Flash punched him out.

But yeah, this show has a lot of cameos.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Repeats continue throughout June.

On top of this and the fact that Invasion will be season 2, you might as well stick a fork in the show breaking Greg's curse. I think the chances are getting slimmer for that every week.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Every other DC series gets 65. If this doesn't, I will be extremely puzzled.

Especially since it's doing so well in the ratings.

Dr. Insomniac

A long delay doesn't automatically we should kiss that third season good-bye, though it is becoming worrying.

Avaitor

I wouldn't think so either, but CN's scheduling and ethics as of late seem like that if the show isn't a instant and constant hit or has a consistent airing life, it doesn't have much longer for the world. Right now, YJ does seem to be doing quite well for them, but if still runs in repeats past June, I think it's future will be doubtful.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Wow, their still on hiatus. I honestly don't get why they didn't just wait until they had more episodes out before they started airing this series. It gets rather aggravating when you get into a series only for it to take a sudden break in the middle of a continuing season. I really do hope that the rest of the season is really good, otherwise it won't have been worth the wait.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on May 27, 2011, 06:50:09 PM
Every other DC series gets 65. If this doesn't, I will be extremely puzzled.

Especially since it's doing so well in the ratings.
Um, Legion Of Superheroes only got 26 episodes and it's better than any DC cartoon since Justice League. And yes, I'm going to keep bugging you about that for no good reason.

Anyway, I heard that new episodes start this Friday. I hope Avaitor has faulty intel.

Avaitor

Nope, double check the schedule for CN, and you'll find repeats all throughout June. I'd like to be wrong, but even then, it wouldn't be too great if new episodes started airing unannounced after such a long bout of reruns.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I hate you. Thanks for the info.

Avaitor

If I had more time, I'd make a macro saying

Keep Calm

and

Watch Targets in peace.  :)

But seriously, what you want is in that link.

New blog!