The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse

Started by Daikun, March 12, 2013, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstar

I saw a clip of "Get a Horse!" elsewhere, and

Spoiler
after Mickey and Pete get into a scuffle, the characters literally burst out of the screen as 3-dimensional CGI characters, then start going in and out of the screen constantly switching back and forth between hand drawn and CG!
[close]

Looks cool.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

This is already getting Oscar buzz. Considering how the Academy has been shunning shorts for pre-existing characters in recent years, that's kind of a big deal.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

This could be one of the most cleverly done animation shorts in recent years. Good work, Disney!

I do plan to see Frozen when it comes out, so this opener will definitely be something else to look forward to. :e_pleased:

Commode

I like how Mickey doesn't wear gloves, like he didn't prior to 1929.  It's a nice little detail.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Apparently we have a few more shorts of her work as Minnie left, right up until a special. The Simpsons is also going to retire Martin, and her other roles.

It's crazy to think that she's been the voice of Minnie my entire life, and until recently, the only voice of the nephews I truly recognize. She's easily one of the most recognizable voices of my childhood. RIP
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

RIP to a legend. It will be interesting to see who they get to play Minnie now.

Daikun

The shorts have been retitled The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse.

New episodes are coming to Disney+ on November 18.