Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Started by Commode, January 30, 2011, 12:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

I know somebody else likes this movie as much as I do.  I mean, come on, check out all the cameos in it:

Notice how some characters, like Speedy Gonzales, Wile E Coyote and The Roadrunner, and Marvin the Martian weren't created prior to 1947, the setting of the film.  And speaking of Marvin the Martian, where did he go in this shot?  He should be standing between the wolf and Benny the Cab.

Somehow he ended up back in the back, as seen in this shot(right above Eddie's head).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Easily the best neo-noir picture ever.

A damn funny one, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Queen Rissa

One of my all time favourite movies as a littlie.
"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live"

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten"

Daxdiv

This truly was one of my favorite movies growing up as a kid. My brother has this on DVD, maybe I should watch this later in the week. I love the concept of the crossover between the Disney and the Warner Bros properties, along with other classic characters like Woody Woodpecker. Truly, this is something we will never get to see again.

I got to say that moment where Christopher Lloyd character revealed himself to be a toon was pretty creepy for me as a kid. For me, it was the voice and those bug eyes. I got to say that this is my 2nd favorite role Lloyd taken up, the first obviously being Doc Brown.

Spark Of Spirit

Judge Doom is some fucked up Nightmare fuel.

But yeah, I love this movie.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I fucking love this movie. Easily deserving of anyone's top 20 list.

Angus

Quote from: Daxdiv on January 30, 2011, 12:50:44 AM
I got to say that moment where Christopher Lloyd character revealed himself to be a toon was pretty creepy for me as a kid. For me, it was the voice and those bug eyes.

That part still freaked me out even after seeing stuff like the melting faces in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

No-Personality

The movie's okay.

But... no manner or amount of arguing one way or the other will ever convince my brain that this is a true Disney film.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

I'm watching it again now, and one part that I can't believe I just noticed is in the patty-cake scene when Eddie shows Roger the pics of Jessica and Acme, all the pictures come out to reveal a perfect flip book.

Brilliant.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

I figured this was worth sharing here, since I couldn't think of where else to post it.

QuoteThere?s been some question about the story?s veracity. My fault. I posted this on my blog under the pseudonym Walter Windchill, the gossip columnist character I created and use to disseminate fake news from Toontown. I use Walter and his gossipy tidbits to promote my forthcoming Roger Rabbit novel, Who Wacked Roger Rabbit? Real news I usually blog under my own name. In this case, I simply forgot to change over.

Here?s the true scoop, straight from the rabbit?s mouth.

The Stooge is a real development proposal for a Disney/Pixar movie. It has the same title as the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis film and some of the same plot elements, but it?s not a remake. The storyline in this Stooge is quite different.

This movie, which will be all animated, has nothing to do with the sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. They are totally different concepts and projects. It?s not a case of making one instead of the other. In an ideal, rabbit-centric world, Disney will make both.

The Stooge development producer Erik von Wodtke came up with the story and wrote the treatment. He showed it to me hoping that I would see how special it was and would be interested in coming in on the project. With that, he did succeed. I love the idea of a Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit musical buddy comedy. This is a co-star pairing made in cartoon heaven. Two iconic cartoon characters playing off one another in a story that has the heart and emotional soul of films like Wall-E and Toy Story. What Disney fan wouldn?t want to see that?

It?s a big year for Roger Rabbit. It?s the 25th anniversary of the film. Disney is releasing a commemorative Blu-ray edition in March. My third Roger Rabbit novel, Who Wacked Roger Rabbit?, comes out in November.

All of which gets two big thumbs up from me, two ears up from Roger, and two?.well let?s just say that Jessica?s up for it, too.

Art director Doug A Sirois has been working on Stooge concept art. What I?ve seen so far is sensational. I will be involved in the project in a writing and creative capacity. Erik is currently talking to a number of top-flight screenwriters and directors. Watch my blog. I?ll keep fans posted on Stooge developments. From now on under my own name, not Walter?s.

Gary K. Wolf

Creator of Roger Rabbit

www.garywolf.com

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I should probably check out those Roger Rabbit novels at some point in time. That said, as for the film, I never felt that it needed a sequel. It worked perfectly as a self-contained story of its own, and while I loved every minute of it, I never really had much of an urge to see it continue into a series, especially since Bob Hoskins has retired from acting, and I couldn't imagine a Roger Rabbit movie without Bob Hoskins in it.

Avaitor

Well Zemeckis said that he has talked to Hoskins about coming back if they do go through with the sequel.

But then again, Zemeckis all but announced that there won't be a sequel after all. The climate at Disney just isn't right for one right now.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on February 20, 2013, 08:00:47 PM
Well Zemeckis said that he has talked to Hoskins about coming back if they do go through with the sequel.

The problem is that Hoskins retired from acting due to his Parkinson's Disease. Even if the picture were to happen, and Hoskins wanted in on it, there isn't much one can do about health related issues getting in the way. Maybe at best I could see him making a cameo in a sequel, but I don't know if he could put up with the stress of starring in an entire picture like this again with his health being the way that it currently is.

Either way, though, a sequel was unlikely to happen whether Hoskins was willing to do one or not. And to be honest....I'm pretty much fine with that. Like I already said, I was perfectly satisfied with the first and only film. I don't really feel like Rogger Rabbit needs to have a film series. That said, if a sequel were ever produced, and it had a talented staff working behind the scenes, then I would still probably see it anyways, but I highly doubt that it could even come close to topping the Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 20, 2013, 08:08:07 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on February 20, 2013, 08:00:47 PM

The problem is that Hoskins retired from acting due to his Parkinson's Disease. Even if the picture were to happen, and Hoskins wanted in on it, there isn't much one can do about health related issues getting in the way. Maybe at best I could see him making a cameo in a sequel, but I don't know if he could put up with the stress of starring in an entire picture like this again with his health being the way that it currently is.
Michael J. Fox is still doing stuff with his Parkinson's. Mostly just a TV episode or two here or there, but that's not so much. From what I understood, the script Zemeckis had planned was more heavily based on Roger than Eddie Valiant, anyway.

But yeah, it's not going to happen. Even if Disney had the interest and Zemeckis was still on board, Spielberg doesn't want anything to do with it, and Richard Williams is up in his years.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on February 20, 2013, 10:02:30 PM
Michael J. Fox is still doing stuff with his Parkinson's. Mostly just a TV episode or two here or there, but that's not so much. From what I understood, the script Zemeckis had planned was more heavily based on Roger than Eddie Valiant, anyway.

Micheal J. Fox was also diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease at a younger age (and is close to 20 years younger than Bob Hoskins in general). A disease like PD has a much worse prognosis for people who contract it late in life, and the disease only gets worse with age.

QuoteBut yeah, it's not going to happen. Even if Disney had the interest and Zemeckis was still on board, Spielberg doesn't want anything to do with it, and Richard Williams is up in his years.

Yeah, it would also be a nightmare for Disney to try and get the rights from Warner Bros. to use all of those Loony Tunes characters again, and of course a Rogger Rabbit movie just wouldn't chime with most people without the atmosphere of being surrounded by familiar classic toons, even if they merely served as cameos in the original film (they were still cleverly used and always felt present in the background of the movie).