Koukaku no Pandora-Ghost Urn

Started by Markness, October 06, 2019, 10:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markness

There was a topic for it here before but I don't see it anymore. Why did it go? Is it because Rikdo only does compositions for the manga now?

Foggle

I have no idea actually! I hope threads aren't accidentally getting purged somehow...

Markness

I was listing the Excel Saga references as I read the volumes before the thread disappeared. After I get the 12th book, I can start listing them again.

Markness

Do you still want me to list the Excel Saga references, Foggle?

Foggle

Sure, as long as it's not too much hassle! :im_nabeshin:

Markness

Quote from: Foggle on February 14, 2021, 12:30:39 AM
Sure, as long as it's not too much hassle! :im_nabeshin:

Oh, not at all! Work has been cancelled for the next few days and I have plenty of time to look through my copies.  :e_hail: :h_hail: :el_hail:

Volume 1: Vlind-WHUMP! is an expy of Excel and her partners are expies of Hyatt and Elgala. They appear at every beginning of the chapters of this manga so far. Nene looks like a younger and friendlier Misaki. Clarion is also a cyborg cat girl who fills a similar role to Ropponmatsu-II.

Volume 2: Vlind-WHUMP! looks even more like Excel in this volume, especially in her eyes and mouth. She also shakes a bottle of champagne really hard. Her partner who resembles Elgala can be seen more clearly but her face is blocked by a word bubble. Her partner who resembles Hyatt is more visible even if it's just the back of her hair. There's also a dog that looks like Menchi near the end of the book but it's a male instead of female.

Volume 3: The dog that looks like Menchi can be seen again. Vlind-WHUMP! wears a costume that is literally Dr. Kapabu's head.

Volume 4: The chairman of the island, Janus North, is an expy of Dr. Kapabu with dark skin and his assistant looks like Ms. Momochi wearing glasses.

Volume 5: The costume that looks like Dr. Kapabu's head has an energy beam shoot through it.

Volume 6: Unless I missed something, I didn't really see any references besides Vlind-WHUMP! and her partners.

Volume 7: Same as the last volume.

Volume 8: Janus North and his assistant appear again.

Volume 9: Just more of Vlind-WHUMP! and her partners except this time you can see their faces but they don't have any visible eyes.

Volume 10: Same as the last volume.

Volume 11: There's a doctor who not only looks like Pedro but is named Pedro as well. I don't know if he appears in earlier volumes or not but I noticed him just now.

Volume 12: We find out the Hyatt expy is named Watanabe and her health used to be poor plus she used to throw up blood. The Elgala expy also states that the trio have no money and Vlind-WHUMP! needs to not be choosy about jobs. Janus North is seen with a very Kabapu looking smile and glasses light flash.

Volume 13: Vlind-WHUMP dances with a doll that looks like the one Excel had in the first volume of Excel Saga.

Now gotta wait until Vol. 14 comes out. I also will eventually re-read the manga and see if I missed anything else.

Foggle

Great stuff, thank you! I may have to flip through the books sometime and try to find all the things you mentioned. :il_hahaha:

Markness

You're welcome!  :thumbup: I hope the next volume will have some more references. Considering there is a Kabapu expy, it would be fitting to have the same for Il Palazzo.

Markness

I am getting volume 14 tonight. I will report back with any Excel Saga references!  :e_wink:

Markness

Vlind-WHUMP! and her associates who resemble Hyatt and Elgala are still reporting news and things still go bad for them! The Pedro expy is still here and he's happy! So is the Aramaki from GITS expy. There is also a possible Uplift universe reference with the full body dolphin prosthetic. Read Sundiver for more. There's the dog that's a Menchi expy again as well as the expies of Kabapu and Ms. Momochi!