Yoshihiro Togashi

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, February 05, 2011, 11:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Interesting. I'll definitely be checking this out.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was thinking of posting this in the HXH thread, but since it does technically deal somewhat with other Togashi works, I decided to link to it here, instead: https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/8m157x/togashis_interview_translated_by_veraciouscake/

Among other things, Togashi himself admits that his story has gone on for longer than it probably should, but that he kept writing because there were more ideas that came to him that he wanted to explore and he enjoyed doing so. This makes me happy to hear since it shows that Togashi is down to earth enough to criticize some of his own decisions, yet that he only writes what he wants and when he's feeling passionate enough about it which I believe comes through in his work. Whereas so many other manga can lose their heart when their creators clearly lose passion for the material and treat it more like a job than a personal expression of their feelings (something that plagues a lot of long running shonen series). But his vow to eventually give the series a proper ending is rather reassuring.

Daikun

Togashi has joined Twitter.

HXH is finally returning from its hiatus!