what the fuck (IN AMERICA! edition)

Started by Dr. Insomniac, February 06, 2011, 09:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

I don't think I can ever listen to Public Enemy again...

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on February 06, 2011, 09:43:22 PM
And Flavor of Love didn't do that for you?

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 06, 2011, 09:47:22 PM
Quote from: Foggle on February 06, 2011, 09:43:22 PM
And Flavor of Love didn't do that for you?
Never heard of it until just now, if you can believe that. I stay as far away from MTV as physically possible.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Flavor of Love is a VH1 show.

And i stand by what I said, that show looks so ridiculously awesome that I think it could work

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

At least VH1 used to have shows based on music at one time. Unlike it's "rival".
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Last time I saw the channel(few months ago) it still does.  It shows music videos in the morning hours, has a weekly top 20 countdown, and has various music countdown list-y type shows(100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs, 100 Greatest Songs from the 90s, etc.).  And I believe they still do their Behind the Musics as well; I know they had a Courtney Love one last summer.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cph2QjATgeo

Also, I like how the woman executive looks like the teacher from Cow & Chicken.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on February 07, 2011, 11:20:40 AM
Last time I saw the channel(few months ago) it still does.  It shows music videos in the morning hours, has a weekly top 20 countdown, and has various music countdown list-y type shows(100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs, 100 Greatest Songs from the 90s, etc.).  And I believe they still do their Behind the Musics as well; I know they had a Courtney Love one last summer.
Really? The last time I tuned in it was all celebrity-reality show bullshit. Less Rock n Roll Jeopardy, and lack of new countdown lists, and new BTM, which was what I enjoyed from that network.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

When I go over the channels, sometimes I see one of their bullshit countdown lists, or a movie like Purple Rain.

VH1 Classic is still mostly music related, however. Occasionally they'll put on a questionable movie and they've been cutting back on videos, but they still show enough videos, as well as concert or music-related movies and shows like That Metal Show.

I record stuff from there every now and then. TMS is kind of a guilty pleasure for me myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Well yeah, the music related programming on VH1 is scarce, but it does exist.  When was the last time you saw any top 20 video countdown on MTV?  When TRL last aired?

And MuchMusicUSA/Fuse used to be pretty legit, it was almost exclusively rock at a time when MTV and VH1 were focusing on pop back in about 2003-2007, but when I was home on Christmas I noticed that it's kind of going downhill now, showing marathons of The Black Eyed Peas and all. :wth:
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, MTV was always destined to lose it's "identity" of having anything music related in it (the classification was dubious at best, IMO) but VH1 always seemed like it would at least continue in that vein. Then they made the Surreal Life and I never looked back.