The Looney Tunes Show

Started by Avaitor, February 13, 2011, 02:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Have they aired a Foghorn Leghorn cartoon yet? At all?

Granted, I've missed a couple episodes, but I have yet to see one of these shorts. This has definitely been an all Bugs fest, and they're really missing out on some good stuff so far.

"I say, I say, that's a joke son, that's a joke".
"Gal reminds me of the highway between Fort Worth and Dallas; no curves"

Avaitor

Nope, no Foghorn. No Pepe, either. Daffy's pickings have been pretty slim, as well, and they haven't aired any Road Runners since last week.

It's mostly Bugs and Tweety right now, with a "Feed the Kitty" airing or two added in every now and then.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/looneytunesshow/index.html

The website for the new series is now up, including character profiles, and a bunch of new clips.

Already posted a big long speech about this it over at TZ, so I'll basically summarize here; everything looks pretty good, minus a couple of quirks. Bugs still sounds... not so great, and I'm not really feeling the new Speedy voice either. Most of these clips are all still way too heavily relying on dialogue, as well. This is a Looney Tunes project, so I really hope they're not going to be afraid to throw some slapstick in here. Heck, if they don't, that'll be rather disappointing.

Still, I am really looking forward to it. It's not perfect, but it definitely looks like a quality production all around, and not a steaming sack of garbage like Loonatics. If they could fix a few of those problems I've outlined above (more slapstick, better Bugs impression, etc.), it should turn out great.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm still hoping for the best on this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Still getting a Regular Show vibe from this. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's not really Looney Tunes' style. Like Desensitized, I am also hoping for the best, since I thought that most of the clips that I watched was funny.

Commode

Am I the only one who actually finds the Marvin the Martian clip hilarious?  Granted, it is in the wrong sense, and it almost seems like the troll type of video that Daft would link to...

But still, it got me laughing.

I'M A MAAAARTIAN!  I GOT A LAAAASER!
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Aurora

Shoot where I have been. Their showing this again!  :o

Looney Tunes was always a big part of daily cartoon line-up back in the day! Nice to see it back!

Marvin the Martian for the best Looney Tune! :devil:  ;D

Commode

Quote from: Aurora on April 07, 2011, 03:00:07 AM
Marvin the Martian for the best Looney Tune! :devil:  ;D
Nah. Marvin's cool and all, but when it comes to Looney Tunes characters(at least when Bugs and Daffy are taken out of the picture), a certain Southern loud-mouthed chicken pwns all.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

It would be pretty hard to rank Marvin as the best Looney Tune character, since he only has 5 cartoons from the original cartoons, and he was a supporting character to either Bugs or Daffy in each of them.

I liked those cartoons as well as Marvin in general, but he wouldn't make my favorites list.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

If I had to pick my favorite Looney Tune character, it would be a tie between Daffy, Foghorn, and Elmer Fudd. Because they're all great characters that manage to make me laugh more.

Avaitor

It starts tonight.

Who's watching?

New blog!

Neomysterion X. Prime

I may want to set my alarm up for this!
What time by the way? I checked, it's 8PM EST.

I am so waiting for this! Everyone back at ToonZone is as well.

We can all hope for the best. ;)

Dr. Insomniac

And the result? ...meh. Didn't deserve the endless bitching Thad and Darth gave it before it even aired, but not something that I'd take the trouble to watch next time. Overall, Jeff Harris can best say it.

"It wasn't as good as I'd thought it'd be & it's not as bad as the critics say it is. It's like a honey graham cracker. Dry, but sweet."

Neomysterion X. Prime

If you ask me about The Looney Tunes Show, it pretty much feels like a Looney Tunes equivalent of Tom & Jerry Tales in my views.
Still likable, but I'd rather stick to the classic Looney Tunes these days.

End result: 3.5 out of 5
I was expecting more trippy humour myself. Maybe when the series progresses I assume...  :whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

It was pretty forgettable, but it honestly wasn't Loonatics or BLT level.

Gumball however, was pretty awful.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton