Radio

Started by Avaitor, February 15, 2011, 11:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

We've discussed this subject on here before, but here's a thread for you guys to talk about the current state of music stations, list some favorites, and whatnot.

Anyway, you know that one classic rock station I mentioned earlier? The one that mostly played 70's and 80's stuff and would probably never touch anything from the 90's other than Black Crowes or Illusions-era GNR?

Turned it on while driving to class this morning, and I heard them play Creed. Not Nirvana, R.E.M., RHCP, Pearl Jam, or anyone like that.

Fucking Creed.

Discuss.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

Is it one of their two hit wonders (Higher, Arms Wide Open)?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

Yeah, one of those. I don't really know which though.

I heard Scott Strapp's voice and turned 1984 on.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Angus

At least they're not totally 80s. There's only so much of that Simple Minds / Don't You Forget About Me song I can tolerate.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

Classic radio took forever to put 90s shit on there, now  whenever I flip by it, the only 90s they play is shit like Creed. Well, if it isn't a Nevermind song.

So much for that decade.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

While I was out, I turned onto the aforementioned station and heard "The Unforgiven" and "Scar Tissue". I know that they didn't turn into just a modern rock station since they also played "Rebel Yell" and "Hair of the Dog".

I'm sorry, but I hate it. I may like RHCP, but they, Metallica, and Creed do not belong on classic rock stations. I still don't think U2 and GNR do. I stopped listening to the modern stations to avoid this shit and it's coming back.

Looks like I'm sticking to radio for a while.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

If you're gonna play the RCHP on a classic rock station, it has to be pre-Californication stuff only. The newer stuff is way too modern.

I wouldn't object to Funky Monks coming between Mony Mony and The Boxer on classic radio, though. It would fit right in.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Funky Monks is badass. One of their best songs. :thumbup:

Angus

Do your favorite radio stations play the complete songs? Do they mix the next song in?

Spark Of Spirit

Usually they fade right into the next song.

I'm still annoyed the one time I heard Brain Stew on the radio, they chopped off the end and went to some shitty no name modern rock band instead of playing Jaded. Effectively cutting the song in half.