Songs you like from artists you don't like

Started by Commode, February 15, 2011, 12:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

So yeah, listening to "You Could Be Mine" and I got the idea for this.  What are some songs that for some reason or another you like, but they are from artists you can't stand?

As you may have guessed, I really don't like Guns N Roses, but I rather like the song "You Could Be Mine".  Perhaps it's because of it's inclusion in T2, idk.  Also on GnR, I like the song "Rocket Queen", especially the last 2 and a half minutes or so of it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Angus

I'm assuming you're not including great songs that have lousy covers?

Nothing But Mammals - Bloodhound Gang song is good, but the rest of the Hooray for Boobies album is really bleh and overly sexual; it doesn't keep up with the cultural references and remarks except maybe that one where it goes "the lap dance is better when the stripper is crying"
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

Yeah, not much of a GNR fan, but I really like the Illusions trilogy- "Don't Cry", "November Rain", and "Estranged". They're as cheesy and bloated as anything, but I always turn "November Rain" up when it's on the radio, and the videos are fun to marathon on a boring day.

Yeah, "You Could Be Mine" is decent too, and I also like "My Michelle" okay. I just can't stand the rest of the Illusions or anything else from Appetite. Don't care about the rest.

And you all know my views on U2, but I'll consider "New Years Day" and "Mysterious Ways" to be decent songs. My friend who thinks the same of them also really likes "Bullet the Blue Sky" and I'll admit that it's one of the better tracks from Joshua Tree.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

I can jam to "Mysterious Ways", that's a pretty good one.  "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" ain't bad either.

Spark Of Spirit

Radiohead - High & Dry

A normal pop song that was a hit on the charts. It's actually pretty good, too. Too bad they think they're "above" pop music, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I... uh... I like Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees. :whuh:

And... erm... Too Drunk by Buckcherry.

And Red Light Green Light by Limp Bizkit (yeah...).

Spark Of Spirit

I like Buckcherry's first album. Before they got all "nu" and shit.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I like their rockin' tracks alright. "Lit Up" and "Crazy Bitch" are fun sleaze songs. Hate Buckcherry's softer songs, though.

Oh, here's another one- "Afterlife". I think A7X are mediocre at best and stupid at most, but this is a very inspired track by them. Shadows' voice is still crap but I like the instrumentals and the lyrics are better than I'd expect from them.

I also think The Rev's verses highlight his importance to the band and sound more sincere than anything Shadows has sang. He was an average drummer but his backup vocals added a bit to the band's sound, and that's why I haven't even considered hearing the new album. That and they aren't worth listening to all that much to begin with.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

I cannot fucking stand that "Crazy Bitch" song.  I literally heard that song several times a day a few years back when I worked at that Ford dealership(they even had Sirius satellite radio, so it was uncensored), and hated every minute of it.  I recently heard it at a club after not hearing it in forever, and remembered how much I hated it.

Bon Jovi's "Runaway", from their first album is another one.  I've never been able to understand how people can be a fan of this band, but I do like this song.

Spark Of Spirit

Can't stand any Buckcherry past that first album. It just seems like they're trying too hard to be the Crue or something. First album is just straight out no frills hard rock and it's a fun listen.

Bon Jovi is responsible for planting Bad Medicine into my head. And it has never left since I first heard the freaking song. Someone needs to pay for that.

Commode

lol yeah, I remember you and that song.  Spammed the crap out of an IRC one time with it.

Avaitor

Ugh, my mom just made a new CD and put "Bad Medicine" on it. So sick of it.

Speaking of Bon Jovi.

New blog!

Commode

You're mom knows how to make mix CD's?  Weird.

Avaitor

Actually, she had me make it for her.

It also had Hall & Oates, Nickelback, Rosemary Clooney, Frank Sinatra, and the Glee version of "Forget You" on it.

Pretty weird mix if you ask me, but I have made one with Frank Zappa, Demi Lovato, Faith No More, and A Tribe Called Quest before for her. I guess it just runs in the family.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

t.A.T.u - All The Things She Said. Really don't know why, its just so darn catchy. I blame Trevor Horn.