You know what bothers me?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 17, 2011, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Linda Ronstadt was in the same situation as Rush. Someone on the committee didn't like them and tried to put the kibosh on their entry.

It was rather silly, really.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

It's depressing that Nirvana is now considered classic rock.  The local station just played a Steve Miller song, had a bumper declaring they are THE classic rock station, then segued into "Come As You Are".

Followed by Journey's "Who's Cryin' Now?".  What a world.

EDIT: What the fuck, now they are spinning Sugar Ray.  I give up.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Before our local classic rock station went defunct and switched to a (poor) feed of a Miami news station, they started to play Linkin Park and Audioslave. I don't really have a problem with grunge or RHCP being considered classic rock, but that's where I draw the line.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Sugar Ray being played on a classic rock station is blasphemous.

The radio stations here are nothing to sneeze at, but if Sugar Ray was to play on a classic rock station here, well.. there would be hell to pay from the listening public.

Commode

Sugar Ray should be relegated to Bob FM(or Jack or Dick or whatever he's called in your area) only.  Maybe the Mix station, if they are lucky.

Nel_Annette

Looked it up. Sugar Ray's first album (with a very hot naked chick on the cover. Rawr.) came out in 95. They got two years before they belong on a classic rock radio station in my eyes. Twenty years after debut. That's my threshold for acceptance.

Spark Of Spirit

I gave up on the classic rock stations when I heard Linkin Park playing on them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I'd argue that any artist who is still popular with high schoolers shouldn't be allowed on a classic rock station.

Although that'd probably include Green Day and I don't have a problem with their 90's stuff on those stations.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

I'm just wondering if most 70s music is going to end up as sparse on the radio as 50s music is today, considering 90s stuff is showing up on classic rock stations.  Even from the '60s what really is still played on the radio?  The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Kinks, Eric Clapton, some stuff from the tail end of the decade like Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, CCR, Three Dog Night.  Not really a lot I'm afraid.

And "Basket Case" would sound really weird on a classic rock station.  Really the only Green Day songs that wouldn't are "When I Come Around" and "Good Riddance".

Commode

I don't think Elvis even gets played on the radio.  Which is something I can live with considering I don't much care for him, but still one of the biggest names in music ever.

Avaitor

My oldies stations play "Suspicious Minds" every now and then, but I mean, that's late 60's Elvis.

Still a great song, but yeah, not much 50's on the radio anymore, is there?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

There really isn't. I can't even name the last time I heard Chuck Berry on the radio.

Commode

Ted Nugent made some great music back in the day, but man does this guy have some batshit insane opinions.

No-Personality

He should be muzzled, no argument about that.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

New blog!