You know what bothers me?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 17, 2011, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Teenagers covering the song Crocodile Rock who couldn't possibly understand what it's about and not even playing it in the original genre of music (thereby ruining the point of the song), all in order to promote a product that has nothing whatsoever to do with the song.

The music industry doesn't even know what it's doing anymore..
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Wait, who covered Crocodile Rock?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Angus

How about a 7 year old singing Bad Romance?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

This

Ugh, even worse. It's Nelly Furtado.

God, I hate the Canadian music industry so much.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Heh, reading the OP reminded me of one of the songs in Camp Rock 2 where the Jo Bros did a 50's rock n' roll number where they named dropped Springsteen and Roth for no reason and started going on about their fashion choices and shit. This was one of the ones without Demi, so needless to say it was one of the worse songs in the movie.

This is just as bad.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

It's just so dishonest to me.

Especially considering what the original song is about, which in many ways is about how much mainstream music has slid.

Ironic.

Angus

Auto-tuner bothers me, although it always reminds me of that boy band episode from the Simpsons.

Spark Of Spirit

I hate auto-tune. Every voice sounds the same now.

Avaitor

I don't mind auto tune when it's used lightly to fix a singer's pitch.

Idiots like Katy Perry who use it as an art form run it though.

Actually, Katy Perry ruins everything in general. I'm so fucking sick of hearing "Firework" everywhere.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

I really fucking hate Katy Perry's song "Firework", even more so than her other music, because whenever I do hear it, it ends up stuck in my head for the rest of the day.  Earlier, I was at the store with a buddy and the song came on over the intercom, and by the time we had moseyed our way over to the checkout, I was singing the damn song, with my friend sitting their giving me an incredulous look.

Fucking hell.

Heh, didn't even notice that dla had already bitched about the song in the post above me.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

Kiddington

Katie Holt

Quote from: Avaitor on February 27, 2011, 05:40:46 PM
I don't mind auto tune when it's used lightly to fix a singer's pitch.

Idiots like Katy Perry who use it as an art form run it though.

Disagree.

Daft Punk uses it as an artform and they're damn good at it.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah