You know what bothers me?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 17, 2011, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I dunno, they've always struck me as an even more commercial Radiohead, and I'm not much for Radiohead to begin with.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

I think they've written better songs in the past than they have in more recent years.

Nel_Annette

Coldplay has plenty of fantastic songs, it's just that people consistently shit on them. Though I like "A Sky Full Of Stars".

Spark Of Spirit

I remember them playing "Yellow" live on TV once and the distorted guitars were almost completely gone. No idea why they sanded off the edges of their one loud song for.

I still think that's their best song, like "High & Dry" is for Radiohead. At least Coldplay admits they're better at pop than alternative.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

X&Y is one of Coldplay's better albums, I think. I will admit though, as a whole, I'm not actually their biggest fan. But I quite like them.

Nel_Annette

Brothers And Sisters
Don't Panic
Yellow
Trouble
Politik
The Scientist
Daylight
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
White Shadows
Talk
Yes
Viva La Vida
Violet Hill
Life In Technicolor II
Major Minus
Princess Of China
Another's Arms

All good tracks that I'd easily recommend. I honestly think the band gets waaaay too much shit thrown their way, though I'm not a superfan of them. But I do think it's a shame to just dismiss them entirely as so many do.

Rynnec

I think I'd like Coldplay's songs more if they were just instrumentals.

Avaitor

y'no, I try to not talk about Miley Cyrus on here, but this is really fucking stupid.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Now I know why I don't think Sky Full of Stars is one of Coldplay's better songs. It was co-wrote and co-produced by Avicii.

Seriously, Avicii has some majorly generic songs.

Avaitor

Is it just me, or do people like to write out Lennon's abusive history?

New blog!

Nel_Annette

People like to write out Lennon's abusive history. His death was tragic, and I do like quite a few of his songs, but people really do tend to downplay that part whenever they muse about him, which is why I've never been a massive fan of his. For all his talk of love and peace, he kind of does come off as a bit of a cock in old interviews, as much as it pains me to say so.

Avaitor

Yeah, reading up on Lennon really makes me start to dislike him a bit. He has wonderful music, but as a person? There's a reason that "Imagine" never sat well with me.

But I also really like Miles Davis' music, and he was probably even more of a shitbag.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Lennon was a very angry man for most of his life. I heard that his private life was starting to turn around at the end (found God, reconnected with his son, started to enjoy making music again, and was just more pleasant overall), but we'll never really know how far he was to really turning it around because of what happened and the fact that Yoko has lied a lot about him in more ways than one.

That said, a lot of his solo stuff is hard for me to listen to because he's just so snotty and arrogant in a lot of it.

Still, he's no Cobain in that area. I can't even listen to Nirvana anymore.