Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

IntiCreates back doing what they do best. I'm starting to wonder if they had much involvement in Mighty No. 9 aside from grunt work.

Anyway, can't wait to play this on my Switch.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 01, 2017, 12:50:04 PM
IntiCreates back doing what they do best. I'm starting to wonder if they had much involvement in Mighty No. 9 aside from grunt work.
That's basically Comcept's thing; they supply the ideas and design documents, then contract someone else to actually put the game together. There are a few other companies like that in Japan as well. Mistwalker is one, I believe.

Spark Of Spirit

Breath of the Wild spoiler-free review.

I can't wait to dive into it. Looks like they might have finally perfected 3D Zelda. This actually looks better than the N64 games and Wind Waker by a good deal.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Man, Breath of the Wild continues to look amazing every time I see footage of it.  My Switch pre-order and copy of the game should come tomorrow, so I'm definitely looking forward to finally playing it.

Mustang

Doubt is starting to creep in when it comes to Mass Effect Andromeda. Even though I'm on a media blackout, folks still posting pics and they are getting uglier and uglier and my hype has died down quite a bit. Still looking forward to it, but I won't get it day 1 now.

I still have Nier and Ni-oh though, to keep me going.

Also, still have Tekken 7: Fated Retribution to look forward to (still hyped for this even though its taking forever to come out)
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Spark Of Spirit

Koei Tecmo is working on other Switch exclusive titles after Fire Emblem Warriors.

I'm going to guess it'll be a port of Nioh or a new Fatal Frame since they're already making a Warriors game right now. They seem to be the most likely things to bring to a system that can either be portable or a home console.

Foggle

Nioh is a Sony-published game outside Japan so it's probably going to stay PS4-exclusive. A new Fatal Frame would be cool but I think the fifth one was a massive flop so I wouldn't expect that either. :(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Plus they are supposed to be Switch exclusive titles, so by default Nioh can't be an exclusive on another console if it's already available for the PS4.

It might be a new Toukiden or Dynasty Warriors-type title.

Foggle

Well, if they're doing exclusives, I suppose I could see them trying a new Fatal Frame since Nintendo owns the publishing rights to the franchise now. I bet there's another Hyrule Warriors in the works too.

Foggle

Sony posted this image on Facebook:

Does this mean they'll be doing a remade Spyro trilogy after Crash Bandicoot? Please let it be true! I would also love to see Ratchet & Clank PS2 Classics on PS4 like with Jak & Daxter, and maybe a remastered R&C Future Saga. :swoon:

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm holding out slight hope that we get DMC5 announced at this year's E3, since Itsuno seems to have subtlety hinted at it before. While Team Ninja has already confirmed that they eventually plan to make Ninja Giaden 4, it is way too soon after Nioh for them to be able to announce a new major title, so we probably won't get an official update on that for at least a year or two.

I'll also be looking forward to see what new projects Platinum is working on.

Other than that, I don't really have any particular interests in any sequels or new games already announced from previous shows that are still in development, so it's mostly new IPs that I will be watching out for.

Foggle

Yakuza Studio announced some new games today! First one is Yakuza Kiwami 2, a PS4 remake of Yakuza 2 on the Yakuza 6 engine, featuring a new section with playable Majima. The second is Yakuza Online, the first entry in Sega's Shin Yakuza multimedia project. This one is for mobile phones and PC so it probably won't be anything too interesting. The third, and most exciting, one is Hokuto ga Gotoku, which, well...

VLordGTZ

Holy shit, that looks amazing!  :swoon:

I'm also totally pumped for Kiwami 2 since I've never played it on PS2.  Hopefully, we'll get it in the west next year after Yakuza 6.