Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

2018 might be a slower year for games, at least compared to this year. For me the only games I'm looking forward to are Ghosts of Tsushima, Dragon Ball FighterZ and Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition.

I'm not sold on Dissidia Final Fantasy or Ni no Kuni 2 and of course I'll be buying Dynasty Warriors 9 but that's more of a guilty pleasure than something I'd be anticipating.

I've never been into the Monster Hunter series, but I'm curious, since this one might be a make or break game for Capcom since they're not doing well.

Other than that I'm not seeing much at all.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If the supposed "leaks" are true (and I'm not holding out any particular hope that they are), DMC5 will supposedly be announced pretty soon. If that actually happens, then consider it my most anticipated anything. Otherwise, it's just DBFZ for me, so far.

Rynnec

Dragon Ball FighterZ, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, and Code Vein are the only things that particularly excite me. Maybe Under Night In-Birth [st] since that was delayed to early next year, but I'm afraid FighterZ will overshadow it.

Truth be told, there are still games from this year that I need to play and finish. :sweat:

gunswordfist

Let's see: DBFZ, Fist of the Yakuza Star, Moonrider (new "Shinobi" from Odallus developer) and Blazing Chrome (new "Contra Hard Corps" from Odallus developer)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Namco Bandai might be teasing a proper My Hero Academia game to be revealed on December 4th.

The series certainly deserves a full scale game. I'm certainly hoping for something big.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9NNCnb55To

Ok Nintendo, I see you. I've never thought this hard about getting a Switch, but I've been fully convinced to get one now. Ears was already perked up due to Zelda. Earned my respect back with the announcement of Shin Megami Tensei 5 (game sounds so scary), Mario in general is not me, but Odyssey looks so good and looks like it can put joy on anybody's face. And now this game Furi looks like something I can get behind and support.

"salute" (need a salute smiley)

Spark Of Spirit

So I guess it's important to mention that Shonen Jump series My Hero Academia and Black Clover are both getting games for next year.

If this isn't proof that they really want Black Clover to be a big hit, then nothing will. It took four years for MHA to finally get a big console game. With this and the Toonami run, it's clear that Shueisha really wants BC to be huge.

Nonetheless, I will be keeping an eye on the MHA game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I haven't played a Bandai Namco game forever and I don't even know which dev team to wish for so I'll just so I hope the My Hero Academia game is good!

Foggle

Mustang

My bank account's gonna be pretty low next year as well.

Bayo 1-3? Zelda? Mario Odyssey? 5 games that'll be able to hold me over for some time.

gunswordfist

Switch might be worth buying now! *buys it next year*

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well....fuck, now I can't hold off on a Switch anymore.

VLordGTZ

So guess who's going to buy Bayonetta 1 for the third time?  :sweat:

Between Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW, and Xenoblade 2, the Switch already had me hooked this year, but damn the lineup next year is probably going to be just as good at this rate.  This is probably one of the very few consoles where I'm actually glad that I bought it at launch. 

Peanutbutter

Dang it, Nintendo slow the crap down!

All seriousness, 2018 is already looking to give '17 a run for its money for best game year.

Mustang

The announcement of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection was revealed at Capcom Cup. May 2018. 2018 might be the year for me literally.