Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The new Kirby and Yoshi games coming early 2018 are really making the first year of the Switch remarkably strong. Also hoping for the best in regards to the MHA game. I still have to pick up the DOOM port, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Kirby isn't, it looks like Return to Dreamland meets 64 meets the 3DS games. Yoshi looks like a sequel to Woolly World made by Good Feel. I'm anticipating them both. The last console games in the series were excellent.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Spark Of Spirit

Speaking of the Switch, it has just surpassed 10 million sales. For reference, the Wii U's total lifetime sales was 16 million. The Switch is about to surpass its five year life span in less than one. That's pretty nuts.

Here's hoping for an even better second year when March rolls around.

Avaitor

I'll definitely be there if and when we get a new Animal Crossing. Pocket Camp was fun for a weekend, but it's only a bite of the real thing.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Mustang on December 12, 2017, 03:52:34 PM
I completely forgot about Lost Soul Aside.
Good video, except it's a bad video because of Dark Souls.

Mustang

You lost me. What does Dark Souls got to do with Lost Soul aside?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Mustang on December 13, 2017, 02:14:19 AM
You lost me. What does Dark Souls got to do with Lost Soul aside?
Tell that to the guy in the video. :D

Mustang

Ah, yes some of the Playstation Access crew can be, well, nevermind ignore him.

Found a better demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFwfl95gv8I

Spark Of Spirit

Looks like Nintendo is really putting away the Wii U. Tropical Freeze coming to the Switch is great news. If they put out Smash, 3D World, Wonderful 101, and Wooly World, then you'll probably never even need to touch a Wii U again. Also getting Ys VIII, TWEWY, and Dark Souls, on top of their new stuff like Kirby is great. Really eager to see what gets announced at E3 now.

Avaitor

We're also getting Hyrule Warriors for the Switch, with all the DLC and bonus BOTW stuff. I guess I won't need to pick up a Wii-U after all, once I finally get to the Switch.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Almost forgot about that. I never got around to getting it the first two times around, so that's great!

No, I wouldn't recommend picking up a Wii U now. Nintendo is almost certainly going to be using the library as stop gap releases between major Switch games and third party releases. And if you haven't got a Wii U (most haven't) then the library is going to have a lot of new material for you to look forward to. Getting a Wii U now is pointless.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While one could use this as a jab at Nintendo for the Wii U being a clear failure (commercially, at least), I personally have to commend them for showing both their first AND third party developers support by bringing over most of the Wii U's best games to the Switch rather than adamantly forcing people to buy a dead console to experience a few modern classics.

On that end, it'd also be nice if we could get Splatoon and The Wonderful 101 on the Switch as well.

Spark Of Spirit

Splatoon 2 is basically the entire original game as it is only better. Wonderful 101 is the only one I worry about getting lost in the shuffle since it was a new IP and Platinum and Nintendo don't seem interested in going back to it. Everything else is probably a certainty at some point.

I don't regret getting a Wii U since I got more than a lot of fun out of it, but after the Switch... it's a hard system to go back to. The Switch is simply the Wii U only better in every way. I would much prefer playing a classic like Tropical Freeze on a system like this than going back to the Gamepad.