Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Looks like a much, MUCH better Mugen.

gunswordfist

You mean it looks better than any other Mugen game?

Foggle

Holy shit, Galactic is doing the OST for Infamous 2! I'm not interested in the game at all, but I might have to buy the soundtrack...

gunswordfist

How can you not be excited about Infamous 2?

Spark Of Spirit

I'm more excited about Ys I & II, Trails In The Sky, Monster Tale, and Steel Diver. Right now I'm mostly playing Mario & Luigi 3 and 999.

Just love handheld games.  :thumbup:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I'm not saying it should be on top of anyone's list but t completely overlook it  :whuh:

Foggle

Well, I never played the first one or Prototype (which people tell me is pretty much the exact same game without lightning powers) and have never watched a single gameplay video for this upcoming one, so that's probably why...

Spark Of Spirit

If Yakuza 4 does well, we might eventually get Kenzan over here

Might is good enough for me. I have absolutely no interest in The End, though, so I hope that won't be a barometer of whether or not it can succeed here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

As much as I love Kenzan, the chances of it getting released in the west are very, very small... no matter how well 4 sells. This is due to a few things:
1) It's from 2008
2) It's the most niche game in the entire series, seeing as it's a game about Edo period samurai within a series about modern-day gangsters
3) If they named it Samurai Yakuza, people would assume it was some shitty joke game like Samurai Western
4) If they named it Yakuza Kenzan, people would scratch their heads at the Japanese title and then be disappointed when it's not actually about the yakuza at all
5) If they named it Yakuza Arrives (Kenzan = Arrives), people would expect a prequel (yes, it technically is. don't get cheeky) to the other games in the series and then be disappointed when it's not actually about the main character from the other games (yes, it technically is. stop that)
6) The combat is the series' worst after the original, so it won't sell to action-only fans
7) The graphics are dated, and even looked as such when it was released in Japan, so graphics whores won't buy it

It wouldn't be profitable to SEGA. Hell, it might not even break even. And if a single Yakuza title doesn't break even -- even if it's a spin-off -- it's very likely that SEGA would drop the franchise entirely in English-speaking territories. The sales of the first two games on the PS2 almost stopped 3 from getting localized, after all.

We'd be more likely to see Kurohyou (the PSP one) or Of The End come out over here, either of which I am completely okay with, since importing a new copy of Kenzan is as cheap as buying a used PS3 game at GameStop (if not cheaper), there's a complete FAQ available on GameFAQs so you won't get lost, and you can watch every cutscene translated on YouTube which effectively enables non-Japanese speakers to get most of the story.

If rumors are true, you can also play Of The End as a beat 'em up, they just haven't been showing off the fisticuffs in the trailers since the shooty-shooty-bang-bang is all-new. If that's the case, then it'll be a day-one purchase for me.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, the guy I quoted is actually from Sega, so who knows? Hell, it might get a PSN-only release. Who knows? It's a possibility at least, and not an outright denial, which is nice.

Spark Of Spirit

Do you like the way the remake of your second favorite game is shaping up, EK?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its Ocarina of Time, how could I not love it? In fact, even if they just slapped the original deformed polygons from the original version without any digital cleanups, I'd still want to get a 3DS just to play OoT on a portable console. Yes, call me a fanboy if you wish. :blush:

Now I just need to plan my grand heist of an electronics store for a Wii and a 3DS. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

As much as I love all the remakes of classics, this alone will justify my 3DS:

It looks like Super Mario Bros. 3 meets Super Mario Galaxy 2. Just orgasmic.

Avaitor

Looks good. Really good.

I'm too cheap to afford a 3DS, so I'll have to join EK's robbery when it comes out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/