Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Announcement video!

It's a console/handheld hybrid. You can either play it with a normal controller on your TV or take it with you like a smaller Wii U Gamepad. It's still scheduled for a March release.

QuoteREDMOND, Wash., Oct. 20, 2016 – In an introductory video released today (http://www.nintendo.com/switch), Nintendo provided the first glimpse of its new home gaming system and revealed that it is called Nintendo Switch. In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend's apartment.

Gaming springs into action by removing detachable Joy-Con controllers from either side of Nintendo Switch. One player can use a Joy-Con controller in each hand; two players can each take one; or multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options. They can easily click back into place or be slipped into a Joy-Con Grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, if preferred, the gamer can select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use instead of the Joy-Con controllers. Furthermore, it is possible for numerous people to bring their Nintendo Switch systems together to enjoy local multiplayer face-to-face competition.

"Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like," said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. "It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries."

Developers can design their games supporting a variety of play styles, which gives gamers the freedom to choose an experience that best suits them. Some of the publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch are as follows:

505 Games
Activision Publishing, Inc.
ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
ATLUS CO., LTD.
Audiokinetic Inc.
Autodesk, Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Bethesda
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
Codemasters®
CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
DeNA Co., Ltd.
Electronic Arts
Epic Games Inc.
Firelight Technologies
FromSoftware, Inc.
Frozenbyte
GameTrust
GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC?
Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
HAMSTER Corporation
Havok
INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
LEVEL-5 Inc.
Marvelous Inc.
Maximum Games, LLC
Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
Parity Bit Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc.
RAD Game Tools, Inc.
RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
Silicon Studio Corporation
Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
Starbreeze Studios
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Telltale Games
THQ Nordic
Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
TT Games
UBISOFT
Ubitus Inc.
Unity Technologies, Inc.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Web Technology Corp
Today's video incorporated short glimpses of representative gameplay to demonstrate the liberating nature of the Nintendo Switch home gaming system. Full game demonstrations, the list of launch window titles, as well as launch date, price, product configuration and related specifics, will be shown and announced prior to the March launch.

Spoiler
[close]

They showed off a new 3D Mario game and a new Mario Kart, but no details were revealed. There also seems to be a new version of Splatoon.

Well, I'm interested. Just hope third parties give this one a shot.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote505 Games
Activision Publishing, Inc.
ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
ATLUS CO., LTD.
Audiokinetic Inc.
Autodesk, Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Bethesda
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
Codemasters®
CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
DeNA Co., Ltd.
Electronic Arts
Epic Games Inc.
Firelight Technologies
FromSoftware, Inc.
Frozenbyte
GameTrust
GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC?
Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
HAMSTER Corporation
Havok
INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
LEVEL-5 Inc.
Marvelous Inc.
Maximum Games, LLC
Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
Parity Bit Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc.
RAD Game Tools, Inc.
RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
Silicon Studio Corporation
Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
Starbreeze Studios
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Telltale Games
THQ Nordic
Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
TT Games
UBISOFT
Ubitus Inc.
Unity Technologies, Inc.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Web Technology Corp

:swoon:

gunswordfist

Switch is the first Nintendo console I have been really interested in since N64. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't ruin things again.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

2016 had some stellar good titles, but overall I thought the year itself was rather ho-hum-ish. While I like the idea of remasters and whatnot, there weren't many games (outside of maybe 3) that struck me as a "I need to have it" kind of game, if that makes any sense.

Street Fighter 5 - Crappy launch, overall fun core gameplay, but the entirety of it is just a big disappointment
Uncharted 4 - Great all around
Final Fantasy 15 - Brought me back to JRPGs

Those were the only ones that stood out to me. Gonna get some other ones I missed out on (Odin's Sphere, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and I am Setsuna. Might get Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 again).

2017 on the other hand, is looking like a year where I could probably go close to being broke.

Mass Effect Andromeda
Ni-oh
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (I thought the series was okay, but for the most part I'm not fond of it, but this and KH3 stands out to me)
Yakuza 0 (I'm a late bloomer here. Is this Kiwami/the remake of the 1st one?)
Ys Origins
Nier Automata
Tekken 7
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

I think out of all of those Mass Effect and Tekken 7 has me the most giddiest. Thoughts on 2016? And what are you looking forward to in 2017?
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Mustang on December 18, 2016, 12:59:47 PM
Yakuza 0 (I'm a late bloomer here. Is this Kiwami/the remake of the 1st one?)

0 is a prequel to the 1st game and comes out next month.  Kiwami is planned for a western release in Summer 2017, followed by Yakuza 6 in Early 2018.

I recently got a PS4, and damn there's a lot of games that I'm looking forward to next year, especially Nier Automata and Persona 5.

Foggle

When people on your forum are excited for the Nier sequel... brings a tear to my eye. :el_cry: Demo's out on Thursday!

Don't forget to play the original, if you can. :)

Quote from: VLordGTZ on December 18, 2016, 07:29:11 PM
0 is a prequel to the 1st game and comes out next month.  Kiwami is planned for a western release in Summer 2017, followed by Yakuza 6 in Early 2018.
Moreover, 0 is the perfect starting point for the series. It doesn't spoil any of the original game like some prequels do, and Kiwami actually features new story sequences that continue plot threads from 0. The original Yakuza has aged pretty badly - Mark Hamill is amazing but the dub isn't too good, the gameplay is extremely simplistic, the load times are dire - but Yakuza 2 onward hold up just fine. There will never be a better time get into the series than 2017!

QuoteI recently got a PS4, and damn there's a lot of games that I'm looking forward to next year, especially Nier Automata and Persona 5.
Those are the big ones for me, along with Yooka-Laylee and Yakuza. Kind of unfortunate that 2017 is so exciting for games, since all of these were supposed to be out this year, and I remember thinking 2016 would be amazing because of them, but what can you do? :il_hahaha:

There weren't too many "must plays" for me this year, but Overwatch is the perfect game for both veterans and newcomers to online FPS, Hitman is potentially the greatest stealth game I've ever played, and Let It Die is the first & only free-to-play grindfest I've actually enjoyed. Best story game I played was probably The Count Lucanor, which was delightful. I still need to dig into The Silver Case, and I'll hopefully pick up Doom 4 soon too. But yeah, the majority of the most interesting stuff was delayed into next year.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

:D I really hope this has online. I think Neon is literally the only good online beat em up on Steam.

Spark Of Spirit

This is being developed by the team at Technos that made the old games (including the only good version of 3: the NES one) and is specifically modeled as a sequel to Double Dragon II: The Revenge NES. Modeling it after the NES games was a smart way to continue the brand. Looks like it'll include more advanced moves like from Super/Return and Advance, as well as more traps and platforming.

Here's hoping this is enough of a success that it means the series can continue properly from now on. It's the 30th anniversary: no more remakes of DD1!

Peanutbutter

As decent as 2016 was for games, man 2017 is really looking stacked....

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As ususal, The Gaming Brit uploaded the only list that actually matters: http://youtu.be/JYFj4dy4lsc

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

A lot of indie games were confirmed for the Switch.

I think Freedom Planet 2 might be the only game missing that I would be interested in. Though that might still be on the way. Who knows?

And yes, I have a Switch preordered. If you guys have any questions about it or Zelda when I get them be sure to let me know.