DCAU

Started by Avaitor, February 22, 2011, 03:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I have yet to see Batman Year One. COIE, Wonder Woman and New Frontier are my favorites. I have yet to see anything else besides Doomsday though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I just thought I'd add that I enjoyed Under The Red Hood for making Jason Todd's return sensical and Bruce Greenwood was a great Batman.

It could have been longer and had Tim Drake, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Aside from the DCAU stuff, I've seen Superman: Doomsday, Justice League: New Frontier, and Wonder Woman. I like Wonder Woman the best of them, but the other two aren't bad.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Personally, I thought Doomsday was pretty bad. I liked New Frontier, though. I still have yet to see that Wonder Woman movie.

Avaitor

Since Man of Steel is out, I thought I'd ask which of the DCAU's two main Supes actors do you prefer, Tim Daly or George Newbern?

I like them, personally. I'd say that Daly is better at keeping his Superman in check, while Newbern is able to have fun with the character a little more, and elicited rage in a stronger tone. It helps that the JL/JLU take on Superman had him be both a little sillier and fiercer, but I generally liked them both.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

I liked them both about the same really. They both had some pretty good performances as Superman that are some of my favorite from the character.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 14, 2013, 08:29:43 PM
Who's Newbern?

George Newbern, the guy who replaced Tim Daly for JL and JLU. He's also the voice of Sephiroth.

talonmalon333

Both voices are quite good. But in the end, Newbern is the voice I immediately associate with Superman overall.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on June 14, 2013, 09:08:34 PM
I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 14, 2013, 08:29:43 PM
Who's Newbern?

George Newbern, the guy who replaced Tim Daly for JL and JLU. He's also the voice of Sephiroth.
Shit, I thought they were the same guy and y'all were just referring to YJ Superman

hobbyfan

Daly & Newbern rate about equal IMPO as Superman.

As far as DVD's go, I've seen GL: Emerald Knights (DTV), and Nathan Filion was a better Hal Jordan than Ryan Reynolds was in the live-action movie, and that's saying something. I've also seen DCU: New Frontier. Meh. There's a few I haven't seen, but I find myself more interested in collecting the pre-1992 DC toons. Don't ask me why.

talonmalon333

I think New Frontier was just decent. It was entertaining, but it felt like there was too much going on and not enough time. Of the DC original animated movies, my favorite is Wonder Woman. I also liked Green Lantern: First Flight. And despite the fact that I know many here hated it, I actually kind of liked Superman: Doomsday, too, largely cause it cemented my belief on how Superman is one of the best villains ever.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 23, 2013, 03:59:09 PM
I think New Frontier was just decent. It was entertaining, but it felt like there was too much going on and not enough time.

I think I also recall Bruce Timm once saying in an interview that New Frontier should have been split into 2 films as there was too much condensing they had to do in adapting the source material into just a single 90-minute feature (actually, its even less than that).

I still enjoyed the movie, though, so perhaps I'll check out the original comic book at some point in time.

hobbyfan

I had Superman-Doomsday, and that was a dog. A former neighbor made a copy for me, which I eventually dumped. Like, Doomsday wasn't even in half the picture.

Lord Dalek

>_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< >_< :drool:

aka Flashpoint Paradox.