The 90s Are All That

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 10, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I can't believe it either

It took freaking long enough. Now to wait for Rocko, Doug, and other old classics to make their way to the block.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Oh damn, All That and Clarissa?

Sold.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

This is all classic Nick fans ever wanted, really. I'm glad Nick finally answered them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Words cannot describe the excitement that this news has brought to me. I do believe that I have just pissed my pants.

Avaitor

Don't feel like making another thread for this, but Shout is making 3 more DVD releases for Nick soon- AAAHH!! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold!, and Danny Phantom.

I'll definitely consider the first two(provided we actually get all 20 episodes of HA!'s first season in it's release, not just the first 13), but they're not as high of a priority for me as Rocko is.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

If they just get Doug and Beavers out there as well, then I'll be all set!

Daxdiv

So getting Monsters and Arnold. I guess it was about time, considering the nostalgia trend tends to work better with a 20 year gap between them, and those shows are within that time frame to make it work to their advantage.

Kiddington

I still don't get Danny Phantom being thrown in the mix. It isn't "old" by any means, and doesn't fit the 90's nostalgic vibe like the rest of these do.

Whatever, it's fine. Can't wait to buy the Rocko and Arnold sets. I've come this close to buying the burn-on demand sets through Amazon, but those absurd price tags have always turned me off from following through. Now I'm glad I didn't; we'll get actual retail releases for half the cost, and maybe even special features to boot. Hot damn.

Avaitor

DP has a bit of a cult following, so that's why it will get a set.

Or it did. I think that kind of died out after the show ended and fans realized how mediocre it was. There still seems to be some kind of following for a DVD release though, so I can see why it's getting one.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I'm not too into DP myself, but the more releases the better.

Avaitor

Hey Arnold! and Angry Beavers confirmed.

I'm not an Angry Beavers fan, so I'll pass on that, but I think I'll buy Arnold. I told myself I only would if it got a real first season set and not just the first 13 episodes. The former seems to be the case, so I'm just about sold.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Angry Beavers is my jam. 26 episodes is great too, considering the first season isn't as good as the rest of them.

So what shows are left?

Avaitor

From what they name dropped, Real Monsters and Danny Phantom could use a release date, and there's plenty more they can announce.

Looks like a good selection so far.

New blog!

Neomysterion X. Prime

This is very grand news indeed!
Has been ages since I've watched Hey Arnold! and The Angry Beavers!

Any shows left? Possibly Doug, Kablam, and CatDog if you ask me... as well as Oh Yeah! Cartoons.

Kiddington

Aww yeah, definitely going to pick up the Beavers set. It's been too long; five years too long, in fact. Love that show.

Quote from: Desensitized on May 09, 2011, 06:11:12 PM
So what shows are left?
Other than Rugrats (apparently, Shout couldn't secure the rights for this; if we get anything, it'll be from Paramount) and Doug (not sure; haven't heard anything), not much else. Depending on who you ask, I guess you could throw CatDog (whaaaaatever) in the mix as well.

Everything else is borderline obscure, and probably not something that'll factor into the long term plans of this contract. There were rumors of an upcoming Rocket Power DVD set (as part of the Amazon DVD-R deal) last summer, but that was apparently nixed. As far as I'm concerned, they might as well keep it that way; Rocket Power sucks. It's bad enough that we've already got one dog in the Shout lineup (Thornberries) that probably won't sell; we don't need anything else dragging down the sales figures.