Dragon Ball (All Series)

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 14, 2011, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's one of my major points of contention with the writing for this show, and I say that as someone who actually rather enjoys it. It's almost as if the writers are basing Goku's character off of parodies of his character like in DBZA. Yes, Goku can be narrow-minded and incredibly dense at times. However in Toriyama's original manga and the anime up through DBZ, Goku was never deliberately written to be a stupid character. There's a big difference between being naïve and being an idiot.

Dr. Insomniac

Quoteas if the writers are basing Goku's character off of parodies of his character like in DBZA.

Well, several Ghost Nappas did show up a week ago.

Also,

gunswordfist

Ok, I might be open to believe Goku is going evil theories now. Not really, maybe, idk.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

For those of you wanting to get into DBS without putting up with the garbage, this helpful video reviews every single episode so far in 10 words or less and lists both the five best and worst from the series up to this point in time: http://youtu.be/PiARuIk6Mzw

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

So HMVs are closing across Canada which means I found season 2 and 3 of Dragon Ball on DVD for more than half off.

I almost forgot how much I enjoyed this show. There's really nothing like it.

Just have to make sure to get around to season 1, 4, and 5, down the line to finish it off.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

So, TeamFourStar (the crew behind DBZ Abridged) was on the official DBZ Kai dub this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzdsEsbkbic

Unfortunately, due to Toei and rights issues, the broadcast version that Toonami aired used the original DBZ cast version instead. This special TFS clip can be found on demand. Comcast Xfinity supposedly has it. I'm not sure about others.

LumRanmaYasha

All of those in-jokes killed me. Stuff like this is the kind of loose and liberal dub adaptation choices I can get behind.

gunswordfist

I have avoided DBS leaks but it sounds like Universe Survival will be ending soon and I think that's awesome. I was worried about how they would do so many one on one battles and looks like they found an interesting solution. I think they'll take a few episodes to gather and train everyone and then the tournament itself will be a few episodes. Again, all just my theory based on just watching the show and leaks have probably debunked it.
Also, I hope they lose. I wonder if Toei has the balls to do that.

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 11, 2017, 02:48:47 PMAlso, I hope they lose. I wonder if Toei has the balls to do that.

They've been doing that a lot with Super. Goku can't match up to Beerus, no matter how hard he tries, and the Future Trunks arc has a pretty dark ending for Dragon Ball standards.

gunswordfist

They are wasting no time starting this tournament, it seems.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I had already posted about this on the video games board, but there's a DBZ fan-game that's made using the Mugen engine and in the style of classic Capcom and SNK arcade-style 2D sprite-based fighters, which is something that I've always wanted to see. The attention to detail and numerous references to the series lore also adds a lot of charm to the overall look and design of this game. I really want to give it a try sometime, when I can get myself a decent new computer since my old one is unusable at this point.

Here's a video of Max trying it out: https://youtu.be/xC5FcIh4-Y4

Now, just imagine if we could get a Shonen Jump Vs. Capcom game in this style.

Spark Of Spirit

I find sprites get across the anime look a lot better when it comes to fighters like this. But yeah, it looks great.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Guess who's coming back...again.

I actually think it might be fun to have him on the team and all, but why did Buu have to get the shaft AGAIN? Toriyama must really hate him for some reason.  :imnothappy:

Rynnec

I know Goku's an idiot and all, but this is taking things to a whole new level entirely. :whuh: