Disney Comics

Started by Avaitor, March 24, 2011, 09:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Talk about any of Disney's comics here. The classics, Boom's stuff, Disney Adventures, and so on.

So besides the new Disney Afternoon cartoons, I'll take this chance to link to Carl Barks here. As well as Don Rosa and Floyd Gottfredson.

I'll post some favorites later, but there you go.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Pharass

I've always been a fan of Disney comics, especially the ones made by Barks and Gottfredson, who made Donald and Mickey into far more interesting characters than they ever were in the animated shorts. Granted, a 28 page comic (for example) gives you more room to flesh out a character than a 5 minute long cartoon, but that doesn't change that I always prefered the comic-versions of Mickey and Donald to how they were presented in animated form. Not to mention the respective universes that Barks and Gottfredson built around these characters. Universes that would later be worked on and expanded by such talented cartoonists as Don Rosa and Romano Scarpa, among others. Great stuff.

By the way, have I ever mentioned that Scrooge McDuck is my favorite Disney character, ever?
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.