Ultimate Spider-Man Trailer

Started by DaemonCorps, March 25, 2011, 01:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaemonCorps

C2E2 recently showed an exclusive trailer for the upcoming Spidey trailer... so naturally it's on YouTube for the rest of the world to see.

Initial impressions... eh, I'm not too sure about this one. I don't exactly know every nook and cranny of Spidey lore out there, but him having a watch to report in to Fury seems a bit too off to me. Yes, the trailer also shows that Fury has a problem with Spidey working alone, but if that's the case then why have the watch in the first place?

Going off the maybe-knowledgeable-maybe-not Wiki page on the series, it looks like it's likely that they'll be using the Ultimate storyline for Venom (dunno what else "parents' legacy" could hint at) which I've always liked more than the whole alien thing. Also looks like they'll be covering some of the later Ultimate chapters with Spidey possibly being trained by one or more of the Ultimates.

As a whole, though, I'm not too confident about the series and have very standard expectations for it. If you wanna get super critical, the art-style alone gives a certain feel like the guys behind the show are playing it safe and sticking to a standard modern action cartoon style, which kinda sets the rest of the series up to be kinda standard as well. "Spectacular" having practically everything going for it, and yet getting pulled for this only increases my bias :P.

Spark Of Spirit

Ehhhhhh.........

It looks like The Batman of the Spiderman franchise to me. I know it's early to jump to conclusions, but really, this just looks like more Spiderman to me, and with Spectacular existing... well, this is going to have to do something to stand out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

It looks like the 90's series, if only slightly more polished. Even with Dini, I'm not all that interested so far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

QuoteMarvel.com: Spider-Man's had a number of animated incarnations over the years, but how would you describe the Peter Parker we meet in this series?

Drake Bell: I like that in this one, he's a little closer to the original...a total science geek. So instead of the webs coming out of his wrists like some of the more recent [versions of Spider-Man], he actually builds a mechanism to shoot webbing. He's really inventive.
What the hell?

I know this doesn't say anything about the series, but that quote... yeesh.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Everything about this show sounds unappealing. Apparently this is going to be like TB&TB for Spidey, except a lot less tongue-in-cheek and a lot more intentionally dumb.

I might have to pass on this one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

It'll probably be closer to Super Hero Squad than TB&TB knowing Marvel.

No announcement of an X-Men show and this one looking to be very by the numbers is pretty disappointing.

*Also, Josh Keaton IS Spider-Man, why are they replacing him?*