My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 28, 2011, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

That's fine if it's not your thing, I just hope you are able to see why people like me or Dax like it so much. I honestly didn't expect to like it as much as I did when I first watched it.

If you don't want to watch em all, at least watch the ones Dax listed. Those are the best ones. Those and Over A Barrel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Just watched the cutie mark episode.

That was certainly an interesting take on menstruation, I can say that much.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 30, 2011, 10:33:47 PM

:sly:

I'm actually kinda surprised they allowed that one out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Desensitized on March 30, 2011, 10:44:22 PM

Yeah. I'm especially surprised that no one else on tz caught it. I mean, cut out the religious aspects, and this was basically a ponified adaptation of Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 30, 2011, 10:54:26 PM
Quote from: Desensitized on March 30, 2011, 10:44:22 PM

Yeah. I'm especially surprised that no one else on tz caught it. I mean, cut out the religious aspects, and this was basically a ponified adaptation of Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.
It's also quite interesting when you notice all the overreaction to "Feelin' Pinkie Keen" where anti-religious types missed the entire point of the message. Though that was mostly the reaction outside of tz.

Sometimes I think adults should watch these shows, because they really don't seem to get some really obvious morals.  :wth:

Avaitor

Heh.

I think Flutterfly is my favorite. I like when she shows her intelligence and personality off and proves that she isn't just shy. Pinkie Pie has her moments, too, as does Rarity. Only Rainbow and Applejack haven't really done anything special for me yet.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Fluttershy's best moments for me always come from when she's overwhelmed. Like, you'd expect the shy character to just fall apart, but usually she manages to come through and she can actually be quite terrifying (in her own way)

Angel Bunny's a dick, though.

Avaitor

Who?

I'm on the one where Rarity makes dresses for everyone (tell me, why am I still watching this?), and I see that Fluttershy knows her stuff when it comes to fashion as well. It's something you wouldn't expect since until then, all we know about her interests is that she likes animals, but it comes out, makes complete sense, and is just cute.

She definitely has her moments, and since I've always been hit or miss on the shy characters, that's saying something.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Angel Bunny first appears in Dragonshy. That's a good episode to watch if you like Fluttershy. It also has some good Rarity and Pinkie moments.

The episode you're watching was the episode where I came around to Rarity. Specifically the scene after the fashion show. Her VA is just amazing, as is her animation.

Avaitor

Oh, I did see that, but don't remember Angel Bunny. And yeah, that was a good ep for her.

The one thing I don't get about Rarity is her voice. It sounds like she has an accent that fluctuates between British, generic American, and something undetectable. But yeah, I can see why you like her.

I'm still not really impressed with the show, but it's fairly easy to sit down and watch it.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, Angel Bunny is her bunny at the beginning of the episode.

Rarity's accent is weird, but it kind of settles in later. It's like Botan's accent in YYH's dub, kinda weird at first until it settles.

Shame it's not quite you're thing, but at least you gave it a chance! Right?  :humhumhum:

EDIT: Why so slow tonight?

Avaitor

That kind of reminds me of Bubbles, for some reason. Since this Lauren Faust, that's not too surprising.

And yeah, dunno what's up with the board tonight. We have more people on than usual, that could be it.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on March 30, 2011, 11:58:11 PM
The host has been doing server maintenance/upgrades recently. According to the statement they made earlier this month, this was to be expected.

Spark Of Spirit

If you keep watching, let us know how it's going, Avaitor. I'd prolly be doing it to a KOTH or TB&TB thread too, since it's that kind of show (easy to discuss) for me.

Quote from: Foggle on March 31, 2011, 12:31:30 AM
Quote from: Desensitized on March 30, 2011, 11:58:11 PM
The host has been doing server maintenance/upgrades recently. According to the statement they made earlier this month, this was to be expected.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the heads up.

Avaitor

I'm on "Feeling Pinkie Keen" now.

She's got the Shinning.  >_<

New blog!