Transformers

Started by Avaitor, April 11, 2011, 06:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 01, 2011, 05:13:57 PM
Don't forget RiD/Car Robot. That was pretty horrifying.

Eh, I didn't think it was that bad, considering it was supposed to be a more comedic show. Admittedly, I haven't seen it since it first aired, so I need to refresh my memory of it. Even so, I'd gladly take it over Prime any day.

Avaitor

Since I finished HXH not that long ago, I decided to start Beast Wars up. I'm 5 episodes in so far, and I'm enjoying it so far.

The only major problem I have is that I don't like how most of the Predacons have similar evil, raspy voices. It's a little silly to me that so many of the bad guys sound so generic. A great deal of the voice acting on the show leaves a lot to be desired, in fact. Otherwise, it's a fine show thus far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

And I just hit "Code of Hero".

I knew this was coming to Dinobot, since this is THE ep that people like to talk about, so I kept an eye on his development throughout the show. And yeah, I can see why he's the breakaway character of the show. RIP hero.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

I finished the show earlier today. Just Beast Wars, though. I don't think I want to hit Beast Machines.

Overall, I quite enjoyed it. I still think the production values weren't great in the series, but I can forgive dated animation and weak voice acting for strong storytelling and great character development, which this show had in spades. I loved all the references to G1, and there were tons of great character moments. Everyone got their time to shine, especially since there were no worthless human characters to drag everything down.

I'm not sure if I prefer it to Animated or not, since I really liked the quieter moments and more subdued storytelling in that (not to mention its crisper animation and stronger voice cast), opposed to BW's unrelentingly epic scope. I think that overall, both shows do what they do a lot better than G1, which tried to do both of these things, but ultimately fell on its face multiple times. I think combining both styles of action plotting can work to a series advantage, but in the original Transformers' case, it didn't always work when it tried to do multi-episode arcs or when they tried to humanize the Autobots. Partly since they would try to juggle both, but mostly due to that show's weaker writing, as opposed to these series.

But yeah, I approve of BW's ranking, and while I think Animated is at least equal to it, we made a good choice by making it our Transformers representative. The next time someone complains to me about the movies and that they would like to take the Transformers seriously, I'll point this to their direction.

Now Desen, when are you going to watch TA? :sly:

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

It's on my list! I'll get to it.  8)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Sketch

One of these days I'll watch the other episodes of Transformers Animated.

To this day the only Transformers I really got into was Beast Wars.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Avaitor on July 01, 2011, 03:41:59 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 01, 2011, 03:23:10 PM
Wait, when did BM or the Unicron Triliogy get positive word of mouth?
They haven't, maybe aside from some delusional dihards. And Prime doesn't have a very big reception, either.
I still recall when Jeff Harris spent weeks building up Armada as the second coming of Christ, only to immediately change his tune when it aired and claimed he was "decieved". Sure Jeff.... suuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Rynnec

I'd take Armada over Bayformers and what little I've seen of Prime anyday.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I haven't seen Prime yet, but I heard it was okay.

I fucking loved Beast Wars and Robots in Disguise though. Probably the only shows where I liked the cast enough to remember their names, I even had the entire Constructicon team for the latter.