Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Started by Avaitor, April 23, 2011, 08:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, does anyone know a specified date or time that Season 2 is supposed to start airing?

I remember watching a short promo video on youtube (which I guess was originally from Comic-Con or something) where some of the staff talked about what to expect in season 2 and I got pretty excited about it, but I just realized that I have no idea when its supposed to air. I'm guessing (or at least hoping) that its sometime early next year.

To be quite frank, I like this show considerably more than Young Justice on the whole, mainly thanks to the 2nd half of its first season run. I think Young Justice is consistently good but never quite got to the level of being truly great for me. On the other hand, while it started out really slow, Avengers EMH got consistently great past a certain point and kept me absolutely hooked to see more, personally. I'm really hoping that the writers go even further with that in the 2nd season. I can't wait until that comes out.

Avaitor

Uh, I'm not sure. I do know that they showed the season 2 premiere at Comic Con, and it went over really well. So they should be done with at least the first handful of eps, but i have no idea when it's set to premiere.

Yeah, I think I prefer Avengers as well. I think it's more due to my affection for the team and Marvel in general being much stronger than it is for DC, but I feel like it's just a more fun and exciting show to Young Justice at this point. I will admit that YJ has better variety in narrative and sharper character interactions though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Hey, nice time on the bump. It was just added to Canadian Netflix, so I've been able to keep up with it.

You guys were right, it does get considerably better after Break Out and the shorts, and quite the fun Saturday morning style action show. I'm only 17 episodes in, but it's been a pretty good ride so far. I can't imagine it dropping off before the end of the season, so for now I'll have to agree with the praise it's getting here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I believe episode 17 covers up to the end of the Kang trilogy of episodes. What did you think of those? Personally, that was my favorite part of the 1st season, though it seems that most people prefer a certain other story that comes even later in the season, which I won't spoil for you if you haven't watched it yet. As for the rest of the season, though, its still consistently great, so I can see how everyone can have varying favorites. I was also very satisfied with the conclusion to the season, aside from maybe just 1 little gripe that I had with it, but I'll refrain from saying it right now to avoid giving off any spoilers.

Spark Of Spirit

I really enjoyed how they did Kang here, he was a good threat and had a very good motivation for doing what he was doing, even if it was warped. I actually kind of felt sorry for him in a way.

It's also interesting how they've managed to balance the rather large cast of characters they have here. I was worried about it being overstuffed, but it's really well balanced.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, that impressed me quite a bit, too. Not a single character on the team feels underutilized and every single one of them gets the proper amount of attention and development that they deserve. Personally I haven't seen a series balance out a full team of this many characters so well since season 1 of Digimon Adventure (and even that one skimped out a bit on maybe 2 out of the 8 of them).

Well, to be fair Young Justice has some great characterization as well, but the team is technically 2 members shorter than the full ensemble of Avengers from season 1.

Avaitor

Yeah, it really seems that way It feels a lot like the original comics, where everyone mattered and added to the adventures in their own ways.

Season 2 only promises that they go even further, which I can't wait for. Just thinking about it now makes me want to rewatch the first season.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Out of curiosity, what Marvel shows do you guys have on Netflix?

We just got Avengers added, but we also got Silver Surfer, Spider Man 90s, X-Men 90s, Spider Man Unlimited, and I think another older show.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In the way, while the micro-episodes slowed down the initial pacing of the show, I do think that in the end they helped really flesh out the initial main members of the team quite well. It really helped in getting their background exposition out of the way, which people who may have read the comic books may not have needed, but people like me really appreciate it because then it was possible to identify with and care about those other characters on the team (except for Ant Man, in my case :D ), and as for the rest of the team, the writers were clever and did a smart thing by slowly introducing them one by one, rather than throwing in everyone on the team at once and then having a cluster-fuck of confusion in trying to develop multiple characters at once.

That was sort of my problem with JLU, in fact, if only because the first 2 seasons carefully used their time to try and develop the main 7 founding members, and then come season 3 (when the show actually became JLU), we got a ton of obscure characters thrown into the mix and while comic book fans may have been familiar with most of them, I wasn't really given enough reason as a viewer who was only limited to the animated series to care about many of the obscure characters that I was suddenly being introduced to, and while some had good characterization others felt pretty minimal to me. It wasn't bad, though, but it just kind of alienated me as a viewer, personally.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Desensitized on November 20, 2011, 04:43:57 PM

We just got Avengers added, but we also got Silver Surfer, Spider Man 90s, X-Men 90s, Spider Man Unlimited, and I think another older show.

Well, I no longer have a Netflix account to use, but the last time I checked we had Avengers, and (I think) Wolverine and the X-Men, but my memory is kind of fuzzy on that, so I could be wrong. We also had some other older Marvel series, but I can't remember which ones specifically.

Avaitor

Quote from: Desensitized on November 20, 2011, 04:43:57 PM

Pretty sure we have all of these, plus the other 2 X-Men shows, the 60's Spider-Man, Amazing Friends, and Iron Man: Armored Avenger.

I think season 1 of SSM is up too, but not season 2. Which sucks, because that's the one that isn't on DVD.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, it's the other Iron Man show we have.

It's a shame we don't have TSSM, though.

Spark Of Spirit

I finished season 1. That was pretty great! I liked the culmination of everything up to that point and how Loki got just desserts for what he did (which was pretty horrible, even by "trickery" standards) and how it took the entire team to take him on. My favorite episode had to be "Hail, Hydra!" overall. I just really enjoy "Gang war" style episodes in superhero shows, and this was no different.

I can't wait for season 2!

Avaitor

That's one of my favorites, too.

I'm not sure what my #1 is so far, but there's some really good stuff throughout.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

After that cliffhanger ending at the very end of season 1, I'm most interested to see what happens with Captain America.

As somebody who's never read the comics before and doesn't know what happens in the whole Kree-Skrull War event except for the fact that its a big part of the original comics, I really have to wonder if what Kang said about Captain America's betrayal comes to pass, and who exactly he would betray for which side, if such a thing even happens.