Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

So who's excited for Spider-Man to splinter away from the MCU? I can't wait for that R-rated Venom movie and Silver Sable film. And maybe they'll do that Sinister Six movie. The one Sony thought would be as successful as the first Avengers film.

LumRanmaYasha

Eh, Amy Pascal hasn't worked for Sony Pictures since 2015. She serves as a producer for Spider-Man Homecoming through her independent firm Pascal Pictures. While she probably knows a fair amount of behind the scenes stuff because she is a producer on the film, I wouldn't take her assertion on Spider-Man's future in the MCU as definitive. Especially since she didn't say anything definitely, only very briefly postulating a possibility.

Though even if Spider-Man does return to Sony, with DC's failures at the box office and critical reception with their own attempts towards a cinematic universe, and Sony's own failed attempt at starting one for Ghostbusters, I'm unsure that they would go forward with any of their former plans for a Spider-Man one. Then again, they are Sony.

Rynnec

R-rated Venom can easily work given the characters nature, especially if they plan on using Carnage as its villain. Considering it's Sony they'll probably find a way to screw it up, but it's not as ridiculous or groan worthy as people are making it out to be.

Spark Of Spirit

If you've seen Midnight Edge's videos or the Sony hacked e-mails then you know the less she has any say over Spider-Man the better. She really has no clue about superheroes or storytelling at all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Deadpool 2 casting news: Josh Brolin is Cable.

So now we have two actors from two obscure and disliked DC movies coming back for Marvel roles. :light:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To be fair, DC just got Joss Whedon, who was behind two good Marvel movies (Age of Ultron was flawed but fun, bite me), so I'd say that it pretty much evens out.

Avaitor

Yeah, I was going to comment on that- isn't DC losing Affleck? It's weird that they're signing up a Batgirl film without having a dedicated Batman.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

The DCEU has at least 4 Batman-related movies in development before they even have a concrete solo Batman film completed. I don't even know what Affleck's deal with WB is. The idea that they couldn't fully contract a Batman down for the DC universe is bizarre, even for this franchise's standards.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on April 13, 2017, 10:16:33 AM
Yeah, I was going to comment on that- isn't DC losing Affleck? It's weird that they're signing up a Batgirl film without having a dedicated Batman.

I thought that they were just losing him as a director on the solo Batman film. If he's dropping out as an actor as well then I'm rather behind on my superhero-related news.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 13, 2017, 10:33:20 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on April 13, 2017, 10:16:33 AM

I thought that they were just losing him as a director on the solo Batman film. If he's dropping out as an actor as well then I'm rather behind on my superhero-related news.
There are reports that he wants out of his contract, and it's been implied that DC/Warner were a pretty significant contributor to his rehab stint.

I wouldn't be surprised if Justice League is the last we see of Batfleck.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

What's sad is this isn't even the most warped diatribe about why Dawn of Justice is a masterpiece.

Dr. Insomniac

I don't think I've done this in a while so...

GREAT TIER:
Winter Soldier, Civil War, Daredevil S1, Luke Cage S1

GOOD TIER:
Jessica Jones S1, Iron Man, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy

OKAY TIER:
Agent Carter, Doctor Strange, Iron Man 3, Thor, The Avengers, Ant-Man, Daredevil S2

BACKGROUND NOISE TIER:
Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Age of Ultron

SHIT TIER:
Thor the Dark World, Agents of SHIELD

M&MS TIER:
Iron Fist S1

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can agree with most of that. For me it's specifically:

Great Tier:
The First Avenger, The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil S1

Good Tier:
Iron Man, The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Jessica Jones S1, Luke Cage S1, Daredevil S2, Agent Carter

Okay Tier:
Ant-Man, Iron Man 3, Thor, Doctor Strange

Background Noise Tier:
The Icredible Hulk, Thor: The Dark World

Shit Tier:
Iron Man 2, Iron Fist S1

Abomination Tier:
Agents of SHIELD

The two oddities on my list would probably be how high I rank The First Avenger and Age of Ultron. To the former, I personally find it to be a brilliant take on both golden age comics as well as classic 1940's action and adventure film serials, whereas with the latter, I still feel that it does quite a few great things that it doesn't get enough credit for, if you can look past some of its flaws and shortcomings, which I still insist are blown way out of proportion.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And just for fun:

The DCEU:

Great Tier:
N/A

Good Tier:
N/A

Okay Tier:
N/A

Background Noise Tier:
N/A

Shit Tier: