Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Superhero movies will only ever disappear when there's something to replace them. Unfortunately, there's nothing offering what they do right now for audiences so if you don't like them, you're out of luck.

If people like John McTiernan don't like it they could always make a new Die Hard or Predator style movie. Superhero movies didn't stop John Wick 2 from being a huge hit.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 27, 2017, 06:52:51 PMI don't know. The last time we got a "No costumes, we're going horror!" route from Fox, it was a disaster crafted by inebriated Trank hands.

Did that movie really go the horror route? I just thought it was a poorly lit drama.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daikun on May 28, 2017, 10:12:03 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 27, 2017, 06:52:51 PMI don't know. The last time we got a "No costumes, we're going horror!" route from Fox, it was a disaster crafted by inebriated Trank hands.

Did that movie really go the horror route? I just thought it was a poorly lit drama.
Trank said he wanted to go with a Cronenberg route for the Fantastic Four, and some parts like Doom exploding people's heads and Ben Grimm turning into a military slave imply that.

Peanutbutter

My heart goes out to Snyder's family. Never hated the guy and always thought that while a number of his choices in his work were questionable, the guy seemed to actually enjoy himself even if his output wasn't what a lot of fans wanted. No matter what, it's horrible that his daughter's suicide was what drove him off the JL film.

I hate that Whedon had to get it, he's already doing BatGirl and him coming on to JL makes me concerned that JL will be two movies meshed together like Suicide Squad. Plus, Whedon's buffoonery online has turned me off from wanting to support him I'm likely going to end up watching JL at home unless someone pays for my ticket.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The moment of truth has arrived: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017

It looks like DC finally managed to not fuck something up for the first time since the last Nolan movie. Congratulations, guys. Now could we maybe keep this up for more than just one film? Because I'm still fairly skeptical about Justice League.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This is personally my most anticipated Marvel movie right now. I loved the character in AEMH and what little I've read of his comic books. It's such a unique set-up to have the literal leader of a country also be a superhero. And the fact that the extremely talented Ryan Cooglar is behind this has me all the more excited to see what the film has in store.

Avaitor

I couldn't tell if Phase 3 started off a little lacking or if I've been losing interest in the MCU. I enjoyed Civil War, but found it a little overrated and just not that fun, while Doctor Strange just didn't do much for me until the last act. But Guardians Vol. 2 really got my attention, while this and Thor look terrific. I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I just hope that Spider-Man doesn't suck.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on June 10, 2017, 10:32:48 AM
I couldn't tell if Phase 3 started off a little lacking or if I've been losing interest in the MCU. I enjoyed Civil War, but found it a little overrated and just not that fun, while Doctor Strange just didn't do much for me until the last act. But Guardians Vol. 2 really got my attention, while this and Thor look terrific. I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I just hope that Spider-Man doesn't suck.
Yes, Thor also looks very interesting. I found the first two films to be decent but disappointing. I do think Civil War is overrated as well, namely the big battle that did little for me. Not a bad movie though. Cap still has the best movie trilogy is superhero history (thank you for sucking, Dark Knight Rises :whuh: ).
I have yet to see Doctor Strange, Guardians 2 or Ant-Man.

Avaitor

The reviews for Spider-Man: Homecoming are coming out as great. I have to admit, I was pretty worried about this one, since Spidey's been done to death and the previous attempts to make films out of him haven't been to my liking. But if this is going to be the one that finally does him justice, and doesn't mess with the characters to the point of unrecognizability while simultaneously being a good movie, I'm really happy.

I do still need to see Wonder Woman, though. Chances are that I might get to see both this week, but considering my new work schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if I can't catch Homecoming after all.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, the marketing for this film was awful. Kept shoving Tony Stark in every second of footage while showing that shot of Ned/Ganke dropping the Death Star in each and every trailer.

gunswordfist

I like Spidey's marketing, outside of the selfie cam.