Author Topic: Comic Book Movies  (Read 48073 times)

Rynnec

• Elite Beat Agents
  • American Dragon
  • Gore-fapper
Re: Comic Book Movies
« Reply #1320 on: May 11, 2017, 05:38:31 AM »
I would've much preferred an animated movie, or even an entire animated series if it meant having Perlman back as Hellboy, even if it was CG. No GDT is understandable due to having other commitments, but no Perlman is an outright crime.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
    • Email
« Reply #1321 on: May 11, 2017, 05:25:46 PM »
I'm in the minority of people who didn't like del Toro's take on the franchise. Perlman was fine, but he's not that big of a loss to me. I'm interested to see a new take on the character.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #1322 on: May 11, 2017, 06:36:42 PM »
I really enjoyed them, personally. Easily some of the most unique films in the genre, and personally I feel that they were ahead of their time. Back when movies like The Dark Knight and Iron Man,  while great in their own rights, were tiptoeing around the more outlandish elements and lore of their source material, the Hellboy films truly embraced the absurdity and weirdness of comic books in a way that we never really saw again until Guardians of the Galaxy. And to be honest, I feel like hey hold up better for that very reason.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
    • Email
« Reply #1323 on: May 11, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »
I can see that, but I never really clicked with the films when they were out, and I found out why when I read the comics- I much prefer Mignola's original stories. That, and frankly, I think del Toro is better in theory than in actuality.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #1324 on: May 16, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #1325 on: May 23, 2017, 02:55:39 AM »
I found an old NeoGAF thread from 2005 regarding Marvel movies.

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
« Reply #1326 on: May 23, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
There are reasons nobody takes NeoGAF seriously.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
    • Email
« Reply #1327 on: May 23, 2017, 03:39:28 PM »
Zack Snyder steps down from final Justice League shoots, leaves Whedon in charge.

Before anyone makes jokes, read the article. I feel so very sorry for Snyder.

New blog!

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #1328 on: May 23, 2017, 03:48:04 PM »
They're rebooting Hellboy without Perlman or Del Toro, and Jeffrey Tambor says what many people think.
I wouldn't put it like that, unless there's something I don't know. I do think it'll probably suck. On the bright side, we did get 4 or 5 Hellboy movies with Ron Perlman. I'll just go watch those.
Edit: Nevermind on the loyalty thing. I can see what Jeffrey means. I didn't pay attention to who that was lol
Zack Snyder steps down from final Justice League shoots, leaves Whedon in charge.

Before anyone makes jokes, read the article. I feel so very sorry for Snyder.
My heart goes out to him.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:49:42 PM by gunswordfist »
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #1329 on: May 23, 2017, 10:06:39 PM »
Rewatching Dawn of Justice right now, sort of as my way of paying respects to him, and some scenes after a rewatch aren't as bad as I remember. The "Granny's Peach Tea" quip actually has foreshadowing, for instance. Still not a particularly good movie, but there's some things I admire from a second viewing.

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
« Reply #1330 on: May 23, 2017, 10:24:03 PM »
Not the way I wanted him to step down from these movies. My prayers go out to him.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #1331 on: May 23, 2017, 10:26:58 PM »
It's so bizarre that the same guy has his hands in both Justice League and the Avengers. Almost as odd as JJ Abrams being involved in both a Star Wars and Star Trek revival.

Foggle

• The dude who runs this joint, more or less
  • The Epic Trinity
  • Slave To The System
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • Email
« Reply #1332 on: May 23, 2017, 11:21:38 PM »
Not the way I wanted him to step down from these movies. My prayers go out to him.
Yeah, it's really heartbreaking. He tried to continue working but couldn't, and let someone else take over rather than delay the film while he left to be with his family. Dude is a class act, regardless of the content in his movies.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #1333 on: May 24, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »
That's outright tragic. The death of anyone's close family member is a heavy burden on anyone's heart and emotional state, and regardless of what I think of his filmmaking, I'm genuinely sad to see any filmmaker have to step down from their position for such a devastating event in their life. Hopefully Snyder and the rest of his family are able to recover from this.

As far as the DCEU goes, in a bit of potential good news, early buzz for Wonder Woman from legitimate sources seems to be genuinely positive, including from critics who haven't liked any of the previous DC films to date. Could this finally be their turning point?

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #1334 on: May 24, 2017, 09:16:55 PM »
It's a tragedy when someone so young commits suicide, and hits close to home for me. I respect Synder for taking the time he needs to grieve, and wish him and his family well in this difficult time.