Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

The marketing, the interviews with Pascal and Feige together, and all the spinoff movies Sony announces that immediately get disavowed by Marvel Studios make me think the Sony/Marvel arrangement for Spider-Man's a clenched teeth thing. If so, I really hope this doesn't meddle with the movies like what Perlmutter did.

Spark Of Spirit

I've been avoiding everything around this movie because Sony is in charge of all that, and they're an awful studio.

The actual movie itself is what I want to see because that is all Marvel Studios.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 20, 2017, 09:03:13 PM
Oh shit, Noah Hawley. We might actually get a good Doctor Doom movie.

If it doesn't fall into Development Hell or he isn't replaced halfway into production. Staying cautiously optimistic on this one.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm excited for Avengers: The Phantom Pain.

Dr. Insomniac

I think I know why Sabretooth was cut out of Logan.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So apparently at one point in time Quentin Tarantino had envisioned making a Luke Cage movie: https://youtu.be/qpX2XZBShPc

I just found that little tidbit to be interesting.

Avaitor

So I wasn't expecting much from Whedon doing reshoots for Justice League. It happens all the time, and doesn't affect things too much, even with different circumstances like this. But it looks like he's changing some big stuff. Like no Luthor.

Not a big loss tbh.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, the Whedon JL news seemed to shift from "Whedon doing tiny reshoots" to "Whedon doing tens of millions of dollars worth of reshoots" to "Whedon replacing the soundtrack, cutting out characters, and basically rewriting and refilming most of the movie". How much Snyder footage will be left? And would that mean there would be alternate cuts of Justice League? Like a Whedon cut then a Snyder cut a few years from now, just like when they made Lester and Donner cuts of Superman II?

LumRanmaYasha

I can't imagine this will turn out to be anything other than a mess of the movie with so many drastic changes this late in the game.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm honestly expecting this to be a trainwreck, but I'm just hoping at this point that it's the amusing kind of trainwreck.

Daikun

Avaitor

I think this is a good call, the half-and-half venture. Keep the mainline movies still around for those who want them, but allowing standalones to be their own thing is a great call, and can allow for more experimentation like Fox has been trying with Deadpool and Logan.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Guess even Warner Bros. was bound to learn something. Will we get any good movies from both divisions is the real question.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on September 30, 2017, 09:00:59 PM
The DCEU is good as dead.
Sounds like the MCU but much more flexible. Of course I severely doubt they'll use that potential right though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody