Neon Genesis Evangelion

Started by Avaitor, May 10, 2011, 01:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So what do you guys think of Kaji?

Watching his and Asuka's first few episodes again, I realize that plenty has been said about Asuka and the rest of the cast but not so much on him. I think that overall, Kaji was more of a plot device to cause conflict between the women and NERV, but it is fascinating to see how he causes Asuka, Misato and Ritsuko to react. Especially Asuka, since he works as both a crush and father figure for her, and it's fascinating to see her switch between these two phases on him.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I thought Kaji was an interesting character. His motives and true alliances were never made 100% clear, but I find that makes him all the more interesting. I like how he clearly caused a lot of mixed reactions from 3 of the main female characters in the series, yet at the same time I'd say that he served as more than just a plot device. Don't forget, he also got Shinji to realize that he was a part of something bigger than himself and couldn't be selfish and just let the city get wrecked simply because he was pissed at this father. If you stop to think about it, Kaji alone deeply affected at least 4 important characters in the series in a big way, with those 4 being Misato, Asuka, Ritsuko, and Shinji (even though they really only had that 1 talk).

Foggle

I liked Kaji a lot. He seemed like a really good guy, even if he wasn't the most important character. E-K is spot on about him.

Dr. Insomniac

Anno gets to ponify his creations while forcing you to watch.

Avaitor

Shit, when did he become a brony?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on October 17, 2012, 06:41:17 PM
Shit, when did he become a brony?
Guy made a Cutie Honey movie. It's obvious that he likes girl's shows.

So yeah, 3.0 will be forever tainted by the EVA pony.

Avaitor

Well I know that I'll wait for 3.33 no matter what.

New blog!

Rynnec

Rynnec

Six minute sneak-peak of 3.0

Also, tons of spoilers have popped up, but I don't believe any of them are 100% confirmed.

Jay L. Corbell

Asdf you just made my day. 
No, my whole goddamn month.

Evangelion is one of my favorite things ever, and I've been awaiting this damn movie for... longer than I can remember, actually. (Because my memory is reeeeally bad ;A;)

Foggle

Jay L. Corbell

Foggle

Rynnec

Wow, sucks that 3.0 sounds really dissapointing, especially after the first two films. Looks like 4.0 will have to do a lot to make this story work.

I think the scenes shown in the preview actually did happen...only off-screen due to the timeskip.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on January 19, 2013, 06:20:42 PM
I think the scenes shown in the preview actually did happen...only off-screen due to the timeskip.
Possibly, but no reference is made to them at all in the film.