Duck Dodgers In The 24½th Century

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 08:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Discuss the short if you want, but this topic is mainly to discus the 39 episode show from the mid-00s.

One of the few more recent usages of the LT franchise that, IMO, worked rather well, and was quite enjoyable to watch while still feeling both modern and like the Looney Tunes. I rewatched a few episodes recently and found myself enjoying it a great deal more than what I've seen of the new LT show. What did you guys think about it?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Have you seen the Dave Mustaine episode yet?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on May 17, 2011, 08:31:14 PM
Have you seen the Dave Mustaine episode yet?
That's what compelled me to make this thread.  :thumbup:

Honestly, I just think it's a great little show in general. Nothing revolutionary, but it works really well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I loved this show! Theme song was brilliant. :joy:

Avaitor

Yes it was. I also love the Tom Jones episode to bits.

This was easily the best thing to happen to the characters in the past 10 years, if not longer. I just wish the new show was more like it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

For some reason, whenever I remember this show, I always remember that one episode where Dodgers was playing an MMO, the Green Lantern, the Samurai Jack parody, the one where the Martian Queen and Dodgers were going to get marry, but the Commander talked Dodgers out of it.

All in all, it was a great show. As a bonus to everyone in the thread, here is a link to the theme song of awesomeness.

Kiddington

Yeah, it was fun. Definitely one of the few franchise revivals that actually worked. Not perfect, but not campy or insulting, either.

Still can't believe this didn't get a DVD release, while Loonatics entire 26-episode run did. Bah.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Kiddington on May 20, 2011, 11:32:32 PM
Yeah, it was fun. Definitely one of the few franchise revivals that actually worked. Not perfect, but not campy or insulting, either.

Still can't believe this didn't get a DVD release, while Loonatics entire 26-episode run did. Bah.

Wait a minute... Loonatics got a DVD release? *Goes to Amazon to double check* Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle, they did release Loonatics on DVD. Sonovabitch. I just realized that the only Dodgers episode on DVD at this point in time is the Green Loontern episode, and that's a special feature on Green Lantern's First Flight DVD. Which also reminds me, I need to get that movie for 2 reasons.

gunswordfist

Duck Dodgers....In the 24th...And one half.....*image of Duck Dodgers swinging the light nunchucks*....CCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNTTTTTUUUUURRRRRYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Best...cartoon....intro.....ever! That intro was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

And he show ony had 39 episodes? Screw complaining about Batman The Brave And The Bold's "short" run, this is the real crime
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on May 20, 2011, 11:32:32 PM

:shit: I remember looking for a Duck DodgersDVD years ago. I couldn't even find any rumors about it.  :o

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Hell yes.

Between getting a shit ton of the classic Looney Tunes, all of the DCAU shows TB&TB,, all of Ruegger/Spielberg's stuff aside from the last handful of TTA and Hysteria!, Earthworm Jim, and now Dodgers on DVD, it seems like we can make the perfect Kids WB! lineup at home. ;)

New blog!

Commode

Oh, speaking of, I'm getting kind of pissed off because I can't find the damned Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Blu Rays in any store, even the new one that just came out.  I've seen the DVD in a couple places, but I don't want those because they don't have the bonus features.  I don't know if it's Warner's fault or what, but I sure would like to find the collections.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I don't think I've seen the second Platinum Collection on Blu here, either. Retailers are getting stingy for spaces with pricier releases, but that's just a shame.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Ah sweet, they have Earthworm Jim on DVD now? I remember seeing like 5 seconds of that show as a kid and then it disappeared. I want to catch up.