Most overplayed songs

Started by Kiddington, May 20, 2011, 08:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

My classic rock station still plays "When I Come Around" every now and then. It's the only Green Day they play, actually. And my top 40 also pulls out American Idiot stuff, maybe "Good Riddance" and "21 Guns", too, but I don't follow that or the modern rock station at all anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The only Green Day I ever hear is stuff from American Idiot and newer with Good Riddance the only pre-AI material they play.  I think I heard Geek Stink Breath once, which was very surprising.

I kinda wish they would play the Pre-AI stuff more because they are much better as radio songs than the newer material is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on May 21, 2011, 01:28:13 PM
Quote from: Foggle on May 20, 2011, 08:57:03 PM
Oh yeah, just thought of one. That fucking Obey Your Master song by Metallica gets played at least twice a day on the radio here. Does shit like that seriously pass as music for some people?
What, "Master of Puppets"?  Haven't met too many people that hated that song as much as I do, usually I get incredulous responses, because apparently people think it's one of the greatest songs ever written or something.
You're a good man. :thumbup:

Kiddington

Believe it or not, the local "variety" station here still plays a lot of pre-American Idiot Green Day. In fact, they hardly even touch the new stuff, if at all. They did play "Boulevard" the other day, but that was actually the first time in years that I heard it on the radio. It's funny, too, because I remember just how badly that song was played into the ground back in 2004-2005; now, I hardly ever hear it.

Commode

Quote from: Desensitized on May 21, 2011, 07:50:17 PM
I long for the days when they'd play Brain Stew/Jaded and not cut the second half of the song off.
Last time I heard the song on the radio, they still played both parts.  There was a time there for a while where they didn't play both parts, but they started back up on it after a while.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

Quote from: Avaitor on May 20, 2011, 09:18:55 PM
For more recent examples, "Firework" by Katy Perry needs to die, preferably not by the firework-spouting bra that she wears in the video. It deserves a more painful death.

"BUT IT HAZ A GEWD MESSAGE!"

In all seriousness though, it's probably the worst motivational song ever. But it's admittedly a lot better than most of her other songs I've listened to.

Not that that's saying much.

Angus

I was talking with a worker in China about Independence Day and Fireworks and he thought I was talking about Katy Perry. :awesome:
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Foggle

Quote from: Angus on July 03, 2011, 03:18:11 AM
I was talking with a worker in China about Independence Day and Fireworks and he thought I was talking about Katy Perry. :awesome:
:whuh:

Avaitor

Oh man, today's standards.

You talk about fireworks, people think you're talking about Katy Perry.
You say "Sticks and stones may break my bones" and someone will finish the rhyme for you by saying "but chains and whips excite me!"
You're about to start talking about the evils of ignorance, and then you hear people say that it's your new best friend.

Fuck our culture, man.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

The fireworks show I went to last night actually played KP's "Firework" during their song montage over the radio. Ya' know, right next to "The Star Spangled Banner", "America the Beautiful", etc.

If garbage like this now qualifies as a patriotic overture to this country, I think it's high time I move to Canada.  :humhumhum:

...and yes, I am aware that they probably played it for the simple reason being that the name of the song is "Firework", and it's a fireworks show... but still, it felt pretty bush-league in my opinion. It's not the same class of song at all, and was totally out of place in that little playlist they had going.

Rynnec

Sounds disgusting. Wouldn't have mattered to me since I bring my mp3 player to fireworks shows anyway(Playing Daft Punks "One More Time/Aerodynamic "mix while fireworks go off is just an awesome experience), but still.

Commode

I had the Led Zeppelin Pandora station playing through my car speakers during our display, since I have an iPhone that has the Pandora app on it and I can connect it to my car's stereo through Bluetooth.  Sounded kickass too.

Commode

"What it's Like" by Everlast.  The damn song keeps showing up in my Pandora stream, and it's getting annoying.

Avaitor

I really like that song, but I can see how it can get annoying after hearing it a bunch.

New blog!

Commode

Yeah, it's not a bad song, but I'm just sick of hearing it so much.